Notices

failure once again.

Old 04-15-2004, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

Angry failure once again.

im sitting here after 3 days of drinking,wishing for an end.i cant go on like this anymore.ive got problems ,i dont have a clue.im wondering what the outcome is going to be.death seems like a welcome friend,no more maddness.thank you all for being my friend,very desperate.t.blue,double d,63,trish......all you all,stay strong im ill ted :sink
Old 04-15-2004, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Ted,
How about a beginning instead of an end?
I think the fact that you came here and posted indicates that you still believe in yourself.
Please keep the faith and believe in the possibility of a better life.
Light and good thoughts from me to you.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-15-2004, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Re: failure once again.

Ted

You have done a good thing to reach out for help, here. Right now you are coming off 3 days of drinking and feel like anyone coming off 3 days of drinking feels. You don't have to stay like that, and you don't have to get sicker. Call AA and talk to someone who has been where you are tonight. Or call a cab and go to Detox and they can help you come down and feel better.

We care and are here for you if you want to keep talking, but keep reaching out and I promise you that there will be a hand to help you up.

Hugs
Ann
Old 04-15-2004, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Ted my Friend

Gabe has said it best. A beginning instead of an end. Ted you are a very strong man. Put your faith in your HP he never fails us. Just have faith. I love you Ted.
I am also sending you good thoughts & prayers.
STAY STRONG.
Tonight I am very thankful for my friend Ted. I will be waiting for you post in our thread. Love you
Old 04-15-2004, 07:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Ted, I know how distressing this is to you. I know you feel terrible. But remember us alcholics have no willpower over our disease. You can find the strength and determination to beat this. I know it's hard, damn hard, but you've made a lot of progress just coming here, where you have made friends who care about you.

Don't give up on yourself, I won't. *hugs*
Old 04-15-2004, 07:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan

Ted,
First of all, failure is not a word to be used at this moment. You had a relapse, plain and simple. Been a lot of that going on the last little while. So you're not unique. You're not alone. You felt, for some reason only known to you, like beating yourself up one more time. Different result? Doesn't sound like it man. O.k then. Now that we understand what happened, what's the next step? You know all too well Ted. Three days is a good run but we've had longer eh! So start tonight. Chuck it if you have any left. Haul ass to a meeting if you can. If you haven't eaten, get something in your stomach. If you can sleep, bonus. If you can't, try to think that you've been there before when you start wanting to scratch the inside of your skin. Accept the shakes and the sweat as part of getting better. Withdrawal is a bear, but we're old hands at it. If you feel like you need medical attention, pick up the phone. Phone book, crisis centre, police, anything. If it gets that bad Ted, get help. We don't have to die from this f****** disease anymore Ted. I knew something was up when you didn't answer my pm. If you're really desperate Ted, pick up the phone. I'm gonna get True Blue's sky pilot on you man. Sit tight.
DD
Old 04-15-2004, 07:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

sitting here ,tears abound.i dont even know you all, but your the best friends ever. im not drinking,just trying to maintain my sanity right now.nothing in my life ever came easy,sobriety ...god please help me. thank you all ted ive got to quit the pity party.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ted,
I'm so glad you checked back in.
God will help you, have faith in that.
And always remember to lean on your friends when you need them.
That's what we're here for.
When you're done with the pity party, try celebrating yourself.
It's a much better party.
More light and good thoughts coming your way.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-15-2004, 08:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Ted I am not going to bed until you post on our thread. Just look for that 1 little thing to be thankful for. I am glad that we share the same HP. I love you Ted.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dan

Ted,
I just want to thank you for coming back. Nothing worth having is ever easy to get brother. I'm looking at the thread and I marvel at how fast we all came together to be here with you. That's got to tell you something Ted. The silent spiritual bond we all share is large tonight. Big time...
DD
Old 04-15-2004, 08:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dan,
I just love the collective soul of this forum.
It is my daily reminder of miracles.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-15-2004, 08:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

I FEEL LIKE SLEEPING,THANK YOU ALL.TALK TO YOU ALL IN THE AM.YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! ted IF I CANT SLEEP,ILL BE BACK. :wife THATS ANOTHER STORY!
Old 04-15-2004, 08:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Bird on the rise

Ted,

I'm on day 1. Had a slip, but I also am learning from it. Don't get too caught up in labeling this a failure. I found that for me it was a big wake up call. Was still playing head games with myself and it was really hard to come clean about it, but like for you alot of really good people showed up and gave me the love and support that I needed; there is no judgment here and that's a beautiful thing. Keep reaching out that's what we are here for. I'll be praying for you Ted, you are not alone!

Much love

Novemberphoenix
Old 04-15-2004, 08:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hang in there Ted....
stay strong.
evan
Old 04-15-2004, 09:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RE-member- DONT QUIT!

my hopes are with you ted, you can do this.

mike
Old 04-15-2004, 10:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((((((((TED))))))))))) big hug. you can do this. just start adding some more sober days to the ones you have already. you have been an inspiration. keep going and take care of yourself okay? love- alice
Old 04-16-2004, 05:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

thank you all for caring,i dont know what this day will bring.i feel like i was rode hard and put away wet.sick this morning,shakes bad,looking for somewhere to go.looks like my girlfreinds had enough,did i say girlfreind?i meant to say my hostage of three years.you know the story. ted
Old 04-16-2004, 05:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Dan

Easy does it Ted. You know what to do. The next few days are going to be a bitch. Eat, go for a walk, catch a meeting later. Your skin will stop crawling soon brother.
DD
Old 04-16-2004, 05:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Ted

i feel like i was rode hard and put away wet
That's the exact comment I made on Monday! Take it easy, the next day was much better!
Hugs,
Missy
Old 04-16-2004, 05:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

theres an easier softer way available Ted. Tere may be some nerve racking days but thats what we're here for.

I get up every day and only worry about day 1 ..today thats all that we really need to worry about. When I came around thats what they told me.. if I wanted to I could stay straight today.

Wanna join me?