SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   10 days an fail (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/277463-10-days-fail.html)

next30 12-13-2012 06:21 PM

10 days an fail

feeling great after 10 days :c020: then tonight just lost all will, havent gone overboard but still there is a drink in my hand. i dont get it maybe my friends are right I need to joing a local group. I keep saying no but think they me be right just very disapointed tonight.

PaperDolls 12-13-2012 06:24 PM

Don't beat yourself up.

I agree you might have to look at joining a local group. I assume you mean AA.
I joined because I had run out of things to try. It really changed my life and opened my eyes to some things.

It might be worth giving it a shot for a while, right?

If AA isn't for you there are lots of other options. There's really no reason to do it alone or not try to use all the tools that are out there.

You can do this!

Anna 12-13-2012 06:28 PM

The main thing is don't let the shame and frustration keep you down. This can be a learning experience and you can move on from it. I hope that you do whatever it takes to stay sober and recover.

Hevyn 12-13-2012 06:28 PM

You can get back on track, next30. I had a few false starts, but I finally got it right. :) You want to keep trying, and that's what counts.

next30 12-13-2012 06:31 PM

I had a couple friends who wanted to hang out tonight, I turned them down cuz there was a drink in hand already, think thats the time I need to say come over and stop this issue ugh

2granddaughters 12-13-2012 08:19 PM

I found a daily treatment for my alcoholism in the fellowship of AA. It might just be the ticket for you as well.

All the best.

Bob R

Dee74 12-13-2012 08:25 PM

Changing our life is hard next30.

Try and not get too discouraged - just focus on getting back on track and thinking of things you can add to what you've been doing so far - if AA meetings sound like the next step to you, do it :)

D

next30 12-15-2012 08:34 AM

Well I ended up calling a friend, chatted for awhile. It kept me from having another and I was able to fall asleep not long after :). Ya thats why these friends say call when ever.

Drugssucks 12-15-2012 08:42 AM

Glad you got thru it next30! I'm glad you called a friend. That's my plan for everyday. Calling a good friend everyday. You can do this. WE can do this.

2granddaughters 12-15-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by next30 (Post 3719670)
Well I ended up calling a friend, chatted for awhile. It kept me from having another and I was able to fall asleep not long after :). Ya thats why these friends say call when ever.

They also say to join AA.

Are you thriving or just maintaining? Are you confident in your recovery or just holding on?

All the best.

Bob R