Notices

Problems... Such different thinking today.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Wink Problems... Such different thinking today.

:ghug3Good afternoon all. I hope everyone is doing as well as they can, and if not doing something to go toward getting better.. Thats why were here.

All my problems today are thinking problems. I don't even have a problem unless I think I do. If I think I have a problem , I have a problem; if I don't think I have a problem than I don't have a problem. Never have I thought I had a problem and been wrong.

Not only do I alone decide whether or not I have a problem, I alone determine the size of my problems. I don't have many littel ones , I dont give them much time and effot. Its kinda like "resentments". I stick to the "justifiable type". When I do have little problem alll I have to do to make it a big problem is to think about it.

One of the problems with problems is their high infant moratlty rate. If I ignore them like a plant or flower they will wither and die. My problems need a steady flow of conversation and of course lots of water and fertilizer. They need constant attention and care. Problems really need to feel important.

So with problems refusing to be ingnored, when I work with alcoholic's and newcomers, they disappear. With their selfish and short attention span they get bored and hit the road. And go searching for someother poor soul that will lend them their ear. And give them that uninterrupted attention they so demand. More often than not, if I just do the next right thing, I dont solve any problem , I merely tire them of and move on to something else.

I wish everyone a wonderful day.

Keep living the dream and stay on the beam..

Good love, Inda :ghug3
Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow - that's a great post.
Really hits home for me.
Thanks
Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just got back from a noon meeting....Topic....Getting out of self...Spot on Inda!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good stuff...we all can relate!! Now if we could only stick to our guns when it comes to problems...big or small
Old 12-12-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
All my problems today are thinking problems. I don't even have a problem unless I think I do. If I think I have a problem , I have a problem; if I don't think I have a problem than I don't have a problem. Never have I thought I had a problem and been wrong.

Not only do I alone decide whether or not I have a problem, I alone determine the size of my problems. I don't have many littel ones , I dont give them much time and effot. Its kinda like "resentments". I stick to the "justifiable type". When I do have little problem alll I have to do to make it a big problem is to think about it.
This is genius Inda, thanks x
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Very well timed Inda.
Just what I needed to read.
Thanks
Old 12-12-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is a great post. I like your point about perceived problems needing lots of attention to grow... Sometimes my problems grow like Audrey II in 'Little Shop Of Horrors'! They try to eat me and people I love. Haha. Maybe I'll feed and water them a little less over the next few days and see what happens.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for that great post Inda. I will keep reminding myself - the next right thing.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Good Afternoon...

Well today is a great day for a road trip. Heading out to hear my great grandsponsor give a lead..

Have fun all.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I do my best work when I am not thinking
Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by BabyJane View Post
This is a great post. I like your point about perceived problems needing lots of attention to grow... Sometimes my problems grow like Audrey II in 'Little Shop Of Horrors'! They try to eat me and people I love. Haha. Maybe I'll feed and water them a little less over the next few days and see what happens.
Seeemore...FEEEEEEED ME!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by Indamiricale
Not only do I alone decide whether or not I have a problem, I alone determine the size of my problems.
Once again, Inda, it seems as though we see eye to eye, you and I. I included my drinking problem in this philosophy of yours- I alone determined how difficult it was going to be to quit drinking. I took the possibility of drinking again completely off the table.

Was it hard? I don't know how to answer this, because, as you said, the 'degree of difficulty' didn't enter into it in the least. I accepted that I would never drink again no matter what, and since I decided it would be possible for someone to do it, I decided it was possible for me. That possibility was all I needed to understand in order to turn it into a certainty.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

So...what's the problem, Inda

You have a good day too. I know you are exicted about today. I am excited for you too!