SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Oxy is hell..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/277263-oxy-hell.html)

Dsam 12-11-2012 03:08 PM

Oxy is hell.....

I really don't even have the strength to type but just a little. I've been hooked on oxy for over a year. Tried to quit before. This is my first REAL attempt to kick it. Third day for me. It was comforting to read other posts and see I'mnot alone. Write more later.

Cwbugycody 12-11-2012 03:11 PM

Glad your here. Welcome to recovery. Just take one day at a time. Good luck and God bless

DAB 12-11-2012 03:18 PM

Welcome to SR, Dsam!
Hang in there, you will feel better soon.

BabyJane 12-11-2012 03:53 PM

Hi there. 21 days sober today. I was also addicted to opiates. The kick is a nightmare. I literally never felt so sick or weak or depressed in my life. Anyone who compares it to "the flu" didn't have a habbit like I did because HOLY S**T was it hard to stop.

Day 3 is awful, day 4 will be pretty rough, days 5 and 6 you will start to notice some improvement. If you can make it to day 7 you're going to be fine. Drink water as much as you possibly can. Walk as soon as you can, even if it's around the block. Hot baths if you feel able to do them. Watch uplifting movies like Rocky and Rudy (that's what I watched lol) just anything about overcoming adversity - its in your power and your spirit to overcome. You can get off the drugs.

I'm here to help if you would like to PM me. I still don't sleep much so... I'll check up on ya. Praying for you.

Dsam 12-11-2012 04:26 PM

To all. Ty so much for replies. It warms my to know ppl care. Again to weak to type much. Do have a lot to say another day. Happy to hear you all are doing your best to kick it.

artsoul 12-11-2012 07:29 PM

Welcome Dsam -

Congratulations on deciding to get clean/sober...... I'm an alcoholic, but know how tough the first days can be in kicking an addiction. Remember that each hour of each day you don't use is a time of healing.

When you start to feel a little better, you'll want to take a look at the substance abuse forum, too:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Stay strong - you can do this....:ghug3

Dsam 12-12-2012 04:16 AM

It's day 4. I feel the same. Not good. Oh man. I've been here before. I just so bad want to feel better so I can go about regular life. I have no energy and so depressed.
Have tried to quit before and one of the reasons it's so hard for me going back to dealing with the reason I started doing it in the first place. I've been "depressed" I think for so long, been to therapists, tried all sorts of anti-depressants, meditation, exercise, positive thinking, etc. Nothing worked for me. I discovered oxi's and I felt like i could breathe for the first time in years. Like I was myself. I still do see a therapist. He knows whats going on. \
I'm still going to try to kick this. Sick of lying to those I love. I really just hate to start all over again, although I am. I really wish I just felt better. I know, don't we all.

Lyoness 12-12-2012 04:26 AM

Welcome Dsam. I'm coming off oxy, too and dealing with depression. You've come to a great place with amazing people. Stay on here and read and write. The support is a true lifeline.

Thepatman 12-12-2012 04:34 AM

Lyoness, ;-)

Wesley423 12-12-2012 04:52 AM

this too shall pass. just remember u can do this. im 91 days sober and had five+ years in active addiction. if i can do it u sure as heck can. also remember the drugs are a symptom and not the actual problem. the real problem is u and that is what u have to work on. u can get sober and stay sober. we are here to help!! your pal in recovery...Wes...

YEM 12-12-2012 07:08 AM

585 days today, my doc was Oxy > IV H. It sucks at first for sure. I would suggest going to some NA meetings or some sort of group just to get out of your own head for a bit and perhaps start a program. What happens a lot is you get past withdraws and a little time goes by and you "forget" about what you went through and convince yourself that just one more wont hurt anything, I have kicked before, this time wont be that bad. Working a program of recovery will absolutely help you stay clean.

Getting clean is easy, staying clean is not. Stick around here too.

Dsam 12-12-2012 12:49 PM

Felt better for about 20 min. It's a good sign. I know I have a ways to go as I've been abusing my body, mind and soul. I never thought I'd be in this position. I guess that just shows me. Hope everyone is doing well.

Dee74 12-12-2012 01:53 PM

Welcome to SR dsam :)

I got to the point where I knew that, whatever my problems were, my methods for dealing with those problems really sucked.

The answer lies ahead not behind - it's a rough road from a while - but have faith - it gets better :)

you can do this :)

D

linzer2488 12-12-2012 01:58 PM

The Last time I had an oxy was on September 14th of this year. I was in detox for 10 days and still kicked for 4 days after...I feel so friggin GREAT today it is unbelievable. Get through the pain, It is TRULY WORTH IT. Good things are ahead. I PROMISE. I had to keep reminding myself that once i got through the detox and all of that pain emotionally and physically I had a chance to feel good and live my life and no longer be a slave to pills! Hang in there!

Dsam 12-13-2012 04:40 AM

Day 5. A little better today regarding the phyiscal aspect. I don't feel so tired, but still sooo depressed. I haven't been to work all week. It's just too much right now. All my problems that were washed away are now right infront of my face and now I have to deal with it. Damn. I so wish it was easier, I know it's not. For 25 yrs just can't figure things out no matter how hard I try. Going to doctor today to see if there's anything I can do.
Again, thank you all for your posts. It means more than you know. Hope everyone is well today.

Dsam 11-17-2013 10:13 AM

Starting over and over and over...

Well, it's been almost a year since I've been on here. I just keep starting over and over and over.......

This has been the worst thing in my life. I get better then I f#$# do one and it starts all over again. I'm so sick of it yet part of me says screw it! I know I need to be the one to stop it and that I really can if I put my mind to it. I just wish it wasn't sooooo hard. I just needed to vent.

I hope all of you out there are doing well. We are all human with strengths and weaknesses.

bazzza28 11-17-2013 10:37 AM

:c011:I have only bn 9 days it feels like a lifetime but its good that I can remember what. Am doing eating healthy and making up with family just take a day at a time hang in there mate good luck

zombiegirl 11-17-2013 10:52 AM

Dsam please hang in there. I messed up last night I drank a lot 3 bottles of wine. I don't know why I did it but I'm starting again today. I will get there n sort myself out well and truly. Please don't beat yourself up. Every minute of every day u are sober u are winning the battle xxx

Dsam 11-17-2013 12:18 PM

It does help to come on here. I thank all of you for being here. Well, I wish for your sakes you didn't have to be. You know what I mean.

zombiegirl 11-17-2013 12:35 PM

Xxxxx