Notices

Update

Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have been thinking about you today. I am glad you are taking some time to reflect, and allowing yourself to heal physically and mentally. I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Ken. Hold on and keep us updated. We are here for support)
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Having experienced something similar to your recent relapse I feel connected to you over this vast internet. I got high on opiates, benzodiazipines, and alcohol, all in attempt to make it easier to slice my wrists because I couldn't take another moment putting up with my partner's abuse. Instead of successful suicide, I beat him up and found myself talking to a police officer who later arrested us both. It was terrible. But! It was a rock bottom experience I needed to break up with him and I never touched opiates or benzo's ever again after that. I know it sounds kind of weird, but that rock bottom experience saved my life and I am glad it happened before I finally did kill myself or my ex did it for me. Like they say, whenever there is a great loss, there is also a little gain.

You have been in my thoughts all day and I know with each moment that passes you heal just a little bit more. :ghug3
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

wow.... i just got up to find all these messages wishing me well.

The kind words dont match the way I feel physically right now but thats ok.

there is a before and after to everything. In fact I think I need to write a little today. just makes me feel better.

I have a busy busy next few days at work. I am grateful for that. I even have to work Saturday to stay busy.

I go see the important doctor today. The one for the eye fracture. I feel likt it will be fine.

I get out early so like last night I will just come home and lay down. I am still so tired.

you messages of love and support have had an impact on me. It has taken something that was in freefall and gave it a softer landing. I am not sure I landed yet as I have not reconciled much. Its hard to do with a puffy face.

My dashing good looks will return soon enough!

THANK YOU!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You do sound a bit better and the soreness should be more managed in a few days. Laying down takes the pressure off your face too, reduces the swelling.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
It has taken something that was in freefall and gave it a softer landing.
I like the way you expressed that.

Good luck today!