Notices

Coping

Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coping

Day 10. I'm very emotional. Failing marriage, three beautiful boys 9,7,&5. Need to address the finances etc. But can't even have civil conversations. The coming holidays weigh heavily on my guilt. Hanging on barely to my failing business. Can't hide from the stress anymore. All my "friends" are drinkers and have no outlet. Feeling stuck. Don't know where to start but am certain that sobriety is best for me.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi McWonton

Early recovery is rough - all that sounds about par for the course to me.

I think support will really help all that - and you'll find a ton here- welcome!

D
Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Mcwonton

Have you got any sober friends? I didn't and that was really hard so I went to AA to find some It really helps just having that time to connect with sober people. But you can do that here too x
Old 12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It really is hard, but you don't have to fix everything at once. Try to prioritize and take things slowly. Do something each day that moves towards your goals.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

AA works for me on so many different levels but one of them is have sober friends to talk to. People who understand what it is like to quit drinking in the midst of Chaos
Michigan City Meetings
Meetings
Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As Anna said. Fixing everything at the same time will stress you to much. Stress is a major trigger to jump back in the wine barrel.

Welcome to SR! Vent here as much as you need to stay sober!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have been sober for five months and my marriage was on the brink of failure.

Having become sober, I've been able to revolutionize my life and work towards being a better person in every facet of my life.

Ultimately, the only person I can control is me. I hope to be the type of man that my wife wants to have around in her life.

I know for certain that had I kept drinking, I would have lost everything I hold dear. If I looked at all of the problems in my life, the single common denominator to all my problems was my drinking.

We also see a couples therapist and I can tell you, that my wife does like the sober me and through consistency of practice, I aim to rebuild the trust I stole and damage I did when I was drinking.

There is lots of support around here and I agree with you, sobriety is the best decision one can make.

You are not alone in your struggles.