Notices

Just for today

Old 04-15-2004, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Just for today

Hi all
Today I have seven days clean ONE DAY AT A TIME. Just for to day i will not pick up and get high. Just for today I will think about the positive things in life. I have hope for my self, I know what I have to do just for today. What I want so bad is to deal with life on life tearms not mines, to smell the flowers to hear the birds sing to love and not live in fear. I have to stay strong and positive. I know deep in my heart that the one day the light will turn on and I will wake up from this disease and i will look back and laugh but also cry for puting my self thru all that pain and misery. I cant wait to the day i feel my higher power back in to my heart and soul thats been missing for a very long time. Im tired of being worthless, hopeless, empty and isolated am tired of waking up with my mind consume with destructive thinking pattens. Please God if your up there please show me the way, open my heart and i will do the rest.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Re: Just for today

I know deep in my heart that one day the light will turn on and I will wake up from this disease and I will look back and laugh but also cry for putting myself thru all that pain and misery.
Got a tear in my eye Timebuster. Thank you so much for reminding me where I come from.

DD
Old 04-15-2004, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Hello Timebuster,

Congrulations on 7 days clean & sober. As long as you have hope for yourself you will get there. In the begining of my recovery Hope & willingness is all I had.
Timebuster I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Made the decision to turn your will and your life over to the care of your higher power as you understand it... You have faith and that is such a blessing. I have faith in you too and I want to help you in your recovery. Please keep on communicating because by giving it to us you are giving to yourself too.

It gets better in so many ways... and when it is hard, you are not alone.

I read a quote yesterday that said something to the effect of this: Hope is not based in the belief that everything will go the way you want it to, it is based in the understanding that no matter how things turn out it all makes sense somehow. ... when it gets better, that means a LOT of things - it means that we DO have the power to "adjust our sails" as Dan says... I have that on a coin that hangs from my keychain and it was given to me by a fellow recovering addict. It reminds me of the great relief that is the first step - when I recognize that I am powerless over my addiction, I also find that that extends itself to all sorts of other things as well. It is a relief to finally understand that I only have power over ME and how I behave... getting that clear gives me the freedom to let go of all that other control. What a freedom!

Congratulations on your 7 days... my sponsor always teases that once you know you can get a DAY, then you know you can get 2... when you know you can get 7 days... then you know you CAN get 14... just do the same things you did for this last 7 for the next ... you can do it!
Old 03-10-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

O.D.A.A.T.T.U.G.
two acronyms for the price of one
...............One day at a time thank you God.