Notices

What to do ?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What to do ?

im addicted to pain killers and im afraid of how sick im gonna be in the morning and what can I do to help myself with this?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

addicted to pain killers what to do about being sick ?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Iam 47 days clean from pain pills myself. Wish I could give you some good news about tomarrow , but truth is the next 5days or so will feel like you are going to die. You won't die from detox from opiates, but you will feel like it. Hot showers help. Advil helps. If you are able I segest medical detox(I did) .good luck . Please pm me if I can be of help to you. For now just take one day at a time.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Cristen - welcome

I don't know anything about painkiller withdrawal I'm afraid.

Also keep in mind we have rules about medical advice here.
Others may be able to share their experience tho if you get a little more specific about the painkiller?

If you're concerned is it possible for you to see a Dr?

D
Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

im already have anxiety attacks I been through this befor don't know why I did it to myself again I already cant move a bone in my body feels like I got hit by a bus and I need to work and I have barely gotten started on the withdraws what can I do for medical help or where could I go ?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The ER is always there Cristen
I just posted this on another thread too:

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
The 10816 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
D
Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ER , detox facility, treatment facility, or just a dr. You can find some of these that are state funded or low cost. Wish I could be more help. I went to treatment and they sent me to detox before they would treat me. You really need to be around medical help if something happens. Please get help and stay clean. I will pray for you.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have free health care but I have kids and im afraid if I go for medical care for this type of thing may effect and im addicted to hydros and Percocet if I was to go to the ER what wld they do ?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thank you for your prayers I just don't wanna feel soo sick and having these attacks im trying if I can just cold turkey a week it will be ok but im starting to feel soo sick Idk if I can do soo
Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

if I go to jus a dr what would I have to say or do im kinda embarresed to go in there and say hey im a addict I need help
Old 12-10-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Cristen I'm not American so I have no personal experience here.

I really doubt seeking help for this would impact upon your kids, but not getting help just might - y'know?

I really encourage you to be honest with the Dr too - give them the whole story or they can't help you otherwise.

You could call the 2-1-1 number I gave before, or maybe one of these numbers:

The National Drug and Alcohol Treatment Referral Routing Service available at 1-800-662-HELP. This service can provide you with information about treatment programs in your local community and allow you to speak with someone about alcohol problems

Hopeline-dot-com has free 1-800 line that will connect any caller in the US who needs help to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The number is:

1- 800-784-2433
D
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I understand the embarrassment . I also have kids, but would not have them forever if I had not got clean. Tell your dr. Or ER straight up what the deal is they are professionals and obligated by Hippa laws to keep it between you and them. Please don't let embarrassment keep you from getting help. Getting and asking for help were the best decisions I have ever made. Be proud you want to get clean, not ashamed. Hope I helped. P.s. my life has never been better than it has been clean and sober.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

im just gonna try to tough it out and thank you soo much for your advise I know ur not from America but do u have any ideas what they would tell me or do for me ?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thank you soo much I will go soo just go to the hospital and say hey im soo sick cus im addicted and they should assist me from there?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

are they gonna stick me in a hospital or something I don't want this Im trying to wean I have been takeing hydros to ease it and cold turkeyed today I smoke fentanyl this is my first 10 hours clean and I don't want classes or anything just something to help withdraws u know