Notices

Codeine withdrawals

Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Codeine withdrawals

Alright guys I'm on day 4 of cold turkey from a year of Tylenol 3 and got sick of having to take a pill every day when I woke up.

Well my question is when will the restlessness stop and the light headedness and quiziness I'm over the main withdrawal symptoms but am now combating the tail end ones how long will they last

Thank you for ur help
Old 12-10-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chevvyboy

I have no experience with codeine addiction I'm afraid. Others may be able to share their experiences tho.

You should also check out our substance abuse forum:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

May take as long as 30 days. It usually does not take that long . Hang in there it does get a lot easier. The grass is way greener on the other side. One day at a time! Good luck
Old 12-10-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Same here I can't help you directly. But my take is that any addiction takes time...
Old 12-10-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Chevyboy,
On day 11 of a methadone detox, i think all of the opiates are the same kinda symptoms just some are to a lesser degree than others. I tapered from 40mg of methadone right down to 2.5 over a 3 week period, and it was hell on earth, it does get easier for me day 3-6 incl were the worst and my leg pain and restlessness have only just subsided in the last day or so, but everyday was a little better than the previous after about day 6, try to eat something like protein or carbs your body is trying to heal so it needs fuel and nutrition, I had to force it down sometimes but always felt better after I had something in my stomach.
Keep posting and reading on SR I can't explain how helpful it has been to me in these early days. Every single time I have reached out for support someone has been there for me, so you really feel like your not alone and people know what your going through.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us and congratulations on Day 4!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think day 2 peaked the withdrawals I wasn't abusing them but was addicted and got tired of it
Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The only thing that's still lingering really bad is the faint headed and dizziness and anytime I'm up for more than 10 minutes I literally almost pass out and it's causing serious strain on my marriage cuz I can't help my wife with much right now