Notices

Withdrawal Concerns?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawal Concerns?

So,

I started drinking again about 3 months ago. It's been a bit of binge drinking maybe once or twice a week, but in the last month it's progressed to having 3-4 drinks twice a week and one night where I would get wild.

I want to stop. I want to quit cold turkey. But I do not know if I am someone at risk for serious withdrawals? I was recently diagnosed with panic dissorder and given benzos to take... Of course I never mix them with the drinking. I am wondering if I should be going back to the doctor to speak specifically about the next 4 days of my life and the risk of getting the DTs.

The last time I layed off the drinking I didn't have any side effects that I can think off.

Thank you
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had a bad last detox so I always recommend seeing a Dr, Quackquack - what have you got to lose, really?
D
Old 12-10-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
totfit

but in the last month it's progressed to having 3-4 drinks twice a week and one night where I would get wild

If this is truly what you are drinking, then I don't see a concern about detox. Again, if this is the true amount. If you have prescribed Benzo's those should alleviate any anxiety associated with stopping. I am not a doctor, but many folks not just alcoholics drink the above amounts without issues stopping. I would not hesitate to stop if you want to stop. I would not think detox should be your reason to not stop.