SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Question About Heroine/ Crack Detox (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/277087-question-about-heroine-crack-detox.html)

MirandaDee 12-09-2012 11:35 PM

Question About Heroine/ Crack Detox

Hey, everyone, I was kicked out of my house exactly 7 days ago, causing me to have to go thru cold turkey detox from heroine and crack. I've been using D steadily for two years now, not to mention the minimum of 6 months previous with prescription opiates. And about 7 months on the rock.
The dope is definitely the main issue. The worst is over, I've just been experiencing cold sweats and muscle aches the last few days which is completely tolerable but I've also suddenly been unable to sleep. I'm exhausted; physically, mentally, emotionally, but i still can't sleep. I get a few hours before the sun comes up if I'm lucky. I was wondering if this persistant insomnia is a symptom of the detox from either drug. I got clean before when i was only using heroine, but it was with the aide of suboxone.
I'd really appreciate any and all input, especially if anyone has any pointers to help me sleep.

Tlh 12-09-2012 11:50 PM

Hi MirandaDee, Congrats on being sober and welcome to SR :c031:

And yes the insomnia is definitely one of the worst symptoms you get while detoxing, but eventually you will be able to get good rest... I've dealt with it all on the opiates side, never done crack, so I wouldn't know about that, but the symptoms should almost all be gone, have you been clean for 7 days? or have you used since getting kicked out of your home?

God Bless
TJ

MirandaDee 12-10-2012 12:03 AM

i used 4 days ago, other than that i havn't touched any form of intoxicant.

MirandaDee 12-10-2012 12:04 AM

my withdrawl usually lasts 4 days, 5 at most. i've just never experienced insomnia before.

Tlh 12-10-2012 12:17 AM

Oh okay, well then you are almost done then, but yes insomnia is crucial, and for me the worst symptom, beside the hot flashes and cold chills.

Hope you get some sleep, if you want you should get in the chat rooms, there are all kinds of friendly people in the rooms, and there great supporters! :)

TJ

ACT10Npack 12-10-2012 12:27 AM

Never done any drugs, just alcohol but have you thought about going to the ER to detox?

RI24 12-10-2012 12:36 AM

Hiya,

no experience of crack detox just heroin, I'm on day 12 and yes i totally agree the insomnia is the worst, i think cos it magnifies everything else cos your so tired... I'm so sorry you have been kicked out of home, happened to me many years ago when my poor parents had to choose between their 17 yr old addicted daughter and their other children.
have you got a safe place to stay?

Dee74 12-10-2012 01:51 AM

I have no experience with either of those drugs but I wanted to say welcome to SR MirandaDee :)

do also check out our substance abuse forum too :)
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D