Notices

Going to be more active in SR

Old 12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to be more active in SR

I think this was the 4th time this time I binge on alcohol. Maybe 5 but who is courting. I really feel like I need to change my ways because it seem like it's not working for me well not working for the long hall. Only getting about 2 and half months is not a long time. If I was getting a year or two would be different but this short of a period just does not sets up a good healthy and mental path through life. I'm 30 years old and not 21. I should not be treating myself like a crazy little kid. I try a lot of programs, AA, SOS and addiction counseling. All of them had no long term success. Pretty much I would stay off the alcohol shorter. Don't feel comfortable in talking about my problems or other people problems. It's just not my thing. The only place I can go and feel comfortable when I'm sober or drunk is here. I think it's because that it's truly private about myself and others and I don't have to worry about what I say when I'm here verse in person I have to keep a lot of my thoughts to myself. Plus SR is 24/7. Well that's it for now. Wish me good luck. Going to the gym after not going for 5 days.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're always safe here and welcome to share as much or as little as you want. I'm glad you're back and working on yourself. Going to the gym is a great start.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Good luck ACT!

I have watched your journey here on SR over the last year.
You have always been a huge inspiration to me.

Have fun at the gym! I am thinking about starting a membership to one tomorrow!
Nobody ever says "man I wish I wouldn't have went to the gym last night"
Guess ya know what most everyone says when they woke up hungover
Just a little smile for us both
Old 12-09-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nothing to lose lots to gain
Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can only share my ES&H. I found SR when I was still using. I lurked here for quite a while (something like 2 years!) but kept coming back. I'm both an RA and a loved one of A's.

I finally signed on at 6 months into recovery. I've done the AA bit, and TBH, I still use what I learned there. I became somewhat obsessed with SR, but I don't think it was a bad thing. I learned about other recovery methods, and I've adopted a little bit of this, a little bit of that - some of which I had no clue previously.

I'm grateful that, today? When some of the worst things possible that have happened to me, my FIRST thought is "just let me get to SR, I'll be okay". I even made sure I could get here on my phone

I'm going on 6 years in recovery, and can honestly say that if it weren't for all the great folks here? I'd probably still be using.

I'm not dissing AA or any other recovery method. For me, I had to find a program that works for me, and it involves AA and a lot of other stuff. I get HUGE support from people, here, who incorporate various recovery methods.

When it all boils down, I want recovery more than anything in life, and the great people here have helped me more than I can say.

Stay close to SR Some people need more, and that's okay. When we finally get to the point where we will do ANYTHING to find recovery, there are lots of people here who can pave the path for us.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-09-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Whatever can work for you ACT sounds like a good plan..

Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

SR is a wonderful place, I have spent a lot of time here during the past two months and it has definitely helped. I skipped the gym today, back to my regular routine tomorrow!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Decide not to go to the gym. It's too late and can start it fresh tomorrow! Feeling pretty good now. Funny how when you stop the binge drinking down from 7 days to 4 days, the recovery process starts much quicker. Just wish I didn't go to the bar but it's in the pass and I'm thinking about today and a little bit tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is another day. I also need to start doing this, not actually going to a gym, but I am living in a community that has an in ground swimming pool, a hot tub, sauna room, exercise room, and so far I have only used it when guest come over. I had almost a year sober, then fell off the wagon. New sober date is 11/15/12, but I am still isolating except for seeing friends occassionaly.

So I am going to start using my indoor swimming pool, if not for the exercise, maybe just to get out, and to "get out of my own head" at times.

You can do this, and so glad that you will be posting more often. I have always loved your posts.