Notices

Looking for help

Old 12-09-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Looking for help

Hello, I'm new here and hoping someone could help with questions I have! I am a 31y/o mother of 2 wonderful boys ages 13 and 6. They currently reside with my mom out of state. My story is very lengthy so to make it short, I have been an addict for almost 5yrs now! I have hid this from all the people I love, but recently confided in my mom and aunt that I have a problem and want help! I recently lost everything, my license( too many tickets), my awesome job as a hospice nurse and my new car got repossessed. All because of drugs! Since I decided to reveal my secret to my mom, she has been very angry with me as she should be! But I feel alone! How can I get my mom to not be so angry with me? Any advice would help! Thanks!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR

I would focus on getting clean and then staying clean, relatiosnhips heal over time.

Keep posting here and take a look at these recovery methods

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html
Old 12-09-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Nogard. I would focus on you staying clean and recovering, and on your children. Things with your mother will work out or not as things continue.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with Nogard and Anna. Focus on getting clean and then taking the steps you need to get a job and get your children back.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you can't repair your family until you repair yourself
Old 12-09-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I 2 think you must focus on your self and the family will see the change and come around. I was (am) a addict for 19 years of my 34 years . I have been clean and sober for 46 days and can honestly tell you that my relationships are allready starting to heal . I know that does not mean they trust me yet nor should they. All I can do is clean up my side of the street and love them. I had to learn how to love myself before I could love anybody else. It (recovery)has been the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done. Good luck and remember easy does it, and one day at a time .
Old 12-09-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you are like most of us then words will not mean too much to others anyway. In my opinion and experience, only actions and true change over a period of time has a chance of facilitating the healing that everyone needs.
You can do this.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Under the very best of circumstances, you're lucky if you can control your own thoughts, feelings and actions. You have no control over the feelings or actions of others. Once you understand that on a fundamental level things become simpler. If I understand you correctly, you're an addict and have decided you have to quit. If this is your intent, good for you! Take whatever steps you need to get & stay clean. Keep it up for weeks/months/years and eventually people will come around. Probably.

I don't mean to be flippant or negative at all, just trying to emphasis that you can't control what other people think. You can only try to do the right things and let the world do as it will.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for all your responses! This forum is awesome! The trouble I seem to be encountering is finding a rehab that is the right fit! My mom and kids are in TN and I am in Ca. I live with my "fiance" whom is not too supportive of anything I do (or at least seems not to care), I would like to be in a rehab close to my kids and mom, but with no money it's difficult to find one! I've been researching places for like a month! I feel so frustrated! Any suggestions? I know I need a in patient program at least 90 days I think, probably more! Anyone been in this position?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lisa

I think the more people can see we've changed - really changed - the more they'll probably feel inclined to trust us again, and forgive us.

Try and be patient

have a little faith everything will work out so long as you do the right thing by yourself.

Give it some time

As for rehabs - I'm not American & never been to rehab, but this is a national database of treatment facilities - enter your preferred location and you'll get a lot of hits

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

best of luck
D
Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lisamich99 View Post
Thanks everyone for all your responses! This forum is awesome! The trouble I seem to be encountering is finding a rehab that is the right fit! My mom and kids are in TN and I am in Ca. I live with my "fiance" whom is not too supportive of anything I do (or at least seems not to care), I would like to be in a rehab close to my kids and mom, but with no money it's difficult to find one! I've been researching places for like a month! I feel so frustrated! Any suggestions? I know I need a in patient program at least 90 days I think, probably more! Anyone been in this position?
I recently went to rehab for pain pills and other things. I did 6 days in detox and 28 days inpatient . It is sad but rehab is very expensive even with my insurance . You may look into a state funded facility. I live in Texas so I don't have any info on tn or ca . Good luck . God grant her the serenity to accept the things she cannot change, courage to change the things she can , and the wisdom to know the difference . Amen.