Notices

Newcomer

Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good for you! I wish I could fast forward my days to 45.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to think that too - but y'know?

I learned a lot in those early days - I look back and I'm glad now I did the hard yards Susie

Congratulations Cwbugycody

D
Old 12-11-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 773niki View Post
You have 48 days sober! I have 45 and my sobriety date is 10-28. Just wanted you to know you are "cheating" yourself!
773niki , how am I cheating myself? I don't understand,is it not 48 days?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

For all you guys who are on 40 days plus......fantastic!

I would love to hear how you have achieved this......AA? SMART? or anything or nothing else. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

45 days is super!!! That still seems like a far off dream for me. I'm about to step (almost said "off that cliff") through that door to my future. I'm not yet sober. Have been weening myself off (down to a half bottle of wine now) in hopes of heading off dangerous side effects. Don't mind feeling bad, but hear cold turkey can be dangerous? Anyway, I've gotten way off subject. Sorry. Welcome and congratulations on your 45 days!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dragon12 View Post
For all you guys who are on 40 days plus......fantastic!

I would love to hear how you have achieved this......AA? SMART? or anything or nothing else. Thanks.
Dragon, I would love to share es&h. I made a decision to quit drugging and drinking. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I told my employers, told the wife(ouch ) then called insurance . Found a treatment facility 3 hours away. I went to check my self in , and they would not take me until I went to detox (there detox across town). There I spent 6 days detoxing of of Vicodin , and acohol. Then it was back to the rehab facility where I did 28 days.while there I learned a lot about myself , about addiction, and why we do the things we do. While there I reconnected with my higher power (God) who has givin me strength that I never had before. Since I have been out I have hit a meeting every day, ether na or AA since I fit into both worlds. Lots of praying , lots of time reading the recovery materials, and lots of meditation. I have found great support from the groups and my family. O ya and here on SR. Ifeel better than I have in years and never want to go through detox again. Remembering how rough detox was helps me to get rid of cravings when they hit me. I am just thankful I am sober today, and with Gods help that I can be sober tomarrow. It has not been a easy rode , but it was easier then everything I had to do to stay high. By that I mean the lieing stealing , manipulation of others ect..... Now I can be me, and honest with everybody. That feels great. For the first time in 19 years I can look people in the eyes! I still have a long way to go , but one day at a time I'll get there. Hope this helps.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR DDD

D
Old 12-11-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR & congrats on your sobriety so far, well done.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 49!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It is after mid night, so Iam on day 50! That is just amazing, longers I have been clean and sober in 19 years! Thank you God for all the strength and hope you have givin me!i cant wait for the next 50 days. But for now I'll take one day at a time. Thank y'all SR for all the support in the few days I have been with y'all.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cwbugycody View Post
Dragon, I would love to share es&h. I made a decision to quit drugging and drinking. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I told my employers, told the wife(ouch ) then called insurance . Found a treatment facility 3 hours away. I went to check my self in , and they would not take me until I went to detox (there detox across town). There I spent 6 days detoxing of of Vicodin , and acohol. Then it was back to the rehab facility where I did 28 days.while there I learned a lot about myself , about addiction, and why we do the things we do. While there I reconnected with my higher power (God) who has givin me strength that I never had before. Since I have been out I have hit a meeting every day, ether na or AA since I fit into both worlds. Lots of praying , lots of time reading the recovery materials, and lots of meditation. I have found great support from the groups and my family. O ya and here on SR. Ifeel better than I have in years and never want to go through detox again. Remembering how rough detox was helps me to get rid of cravings when they hit me. I am just thankful I am sober today, and with Gods help that I can be sober tomarrow. It has not been a easy rode , but it was easier then everything I had to do to stay high. By that I mean the lieing stealing , manipulation of others ect..... Now I can be me, and honest with everybody. That feels great. For the first time in 19 years I can look people in the eyes! I still have a long way to go , but one day at a time I'll get there. Hope this helps.
What a wonderful story. You were very courageous to face this the way you have. Thanks for coming to the forum. You sharing your story has helped me!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

55 days today !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

56 days
Old 12-20-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

57 days.today. Let me tell y'all yesterday was as hard as they come. All I could do was take it 5 minutes at a time to make it thru the day sober. I made it and today is better. Thank you God .
Old 12-20-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

good on ya Cody

D
Old 12-20-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 58. Will the world end today? If not I'll make day 59. Lol