Notices

Day 1 the beginning, one day at a time I guess

Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 the beginning, one day at a time I guess

5.30pm & not one drink so far this Saturday where normally I would have justified finished off the left over wine when I arose at 11am, then justified getting another bottle & so on through to Monday...continuos drinking & hating myself for it....everyday promising an AFD,,,, sick of this
Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Glad you found us..

I had to really get sick and tired of being sick and tired. I kept running into the brick wall over and over. I must of like the headaches. But once I began the journey I keep trying and thats all I do today.

For today I will not drink , I dont know about tomorrow but thats out of my control anyways.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your story was mine too - weekends were wine wine and more - 3 bottles easy

Well done on your first day - it gets better with every day

All the best :-)
Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This has been going on for 14 years now since my husband died & I bought up our 3 kids alone,,, grief, financial pressure, work work work...best thing was drowning my sorrows after getting through another day,,, I'd hate to think how many days off work were due to a hangover or being too drunk in the morning to drive to work,,, secret shame
Old 12-08-2012, 12:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((hugs)))) Bondi. Take it one day at a time. Baby steps. There is help out there if you need it. It's not a weakness to ask for help. It's a step towards recovery.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bondi I'm glad you're here. Sounds like you've been through a lot, I'm so sorry things had to be so hard for you. It sounds like you were doing the best you possibly could for a long time. I have not lost a partner but I just think of it and catch my breath - you are stronger than you think.

Just keep coming around; we will support you every step of the way. It took me a long time to get the sober thing, still struggle today, but it is getting better. Things are getting easier because my burdens aren't just mine alone now. I have support and so do you.

(((Hugs)))