Notices

4 days without opiates.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 days without opiates.

I've been shooting Dilaudids since I was 16, I'm now going on 19. 4 days ago I decided to quit and I've gone through the w/d cold turkey which has been one of the hardest things i've ever had to endure in my life. I'm really afraid of relapsing because I've done this, inpatient, outpatient detox, and outpatient treatment all several times and for some reason I ALWAYS go back to using. I don't even understand why I use, or why I relapse, so it makes it a lot harder to quit. I was just wondering, what works for you guys? After the detox, what is the best thing to do to keep from relapsing? Because when I relapse, I relapse hard. & Like they say: I relapse and it's like I never even stopped using, and it happens so fast and goes so low.

I've lost everything I have to pills. My car, my job, everything. Family. Please give me some advice/suggestions on what to do
Thank you guys.
xo
Old 12-07-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you tried NA? Maybe the support of others will help.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

AA/NA worked for me when all else failed
Old 12-07-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you considered quitting for ever and never enjoying the high again?
That is a very difficult decision to make as you love the high so much.
How long do you plan to continue to use?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome. 17 days off opiates myself. Could not be happier about kicking. It was very hard and this is not my first go at it either. You keep trying. Keep coming here for support. Maybe look into those meetings? Just a couple? You never know. Also, you need to think about taking supplements / vitamins and EXERCISE. Even if it's just walks. This will help. Opiates deplete the body of so much vital nutrition and cause huge imbalances in the chemical makeup of key areas of the brain associated with (among other things) impulse control! Knowledge is power here. Educate yourself and make a pact to not use no matter what.

I believe in you!