Notices

need sleep

Old 06-07-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need sleep

Its been 14 days sober and i slept awesome the first 8 weirdly enough i havent slept at all for the past few...anxious sometimes boarder line panic...until 3 am then pass out n dont wanna get up for work at 7....i have spoken with my dr who says im adjusting but

Has anyone else had this n what remedies do you all use? (Not medicinal remedies)
Old 06-07-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Exercise can help, make sure you aren't eating right before bed too. Your body is adjusting though, and sometimes the only cure is time. I didn't get back into a "normal"' sleep pattern for several weeks myself. I'd warn against OTC sleep meds or herbal remedies without consulting your dr as they can lead to cross addiction and unexpected symptoms that might make things worse.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks scott awrsome advice
Old 06-07-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have talked to my dr about melatonin and my tension tamer tea....said both were fine. Im not a big pill taker so i dont use OTC meds. I use the herbal route when i can....

Dont wanna get into med advice land and get in trouble lol just wanted to know what yall do....non med wise
Old 06-07-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Nice job!

Hi christi! Nice job on 13 Days

I've tried melatonin a 3 times over the the last few decades and it makes me sick as a dog (wicked nausea and 'thickness' of the head) at the recommended starter dose. That is just me. Never had problems with some other OTC, however agree with scootfromwisco.

During the first month without alcohol I had excellent success with the nighttime teas. Made a batch in the early evening, steeped for a bit as recommended, and drank while winding down for the night. There is a great thread in the health and fitness section by 'pdoc' about tea recommendations. I stuck my fave night ones in there as well.

With my kids in early eve, night, no matter how calm the day I usually get revved up to a certain extent as they are winding down (I remember that you have a few babes yourself?). The tea really helps give a 'chill-out' focus until I can breathe.

I've been staying up until 3-4am and waking at 8am lately. Ugh. Thanks for the reminder to go back to the tea routine

Old 06-07-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by christimc View Post
Its been 14 days sober and i slept awesome the first 8 weirdly enough i havent slept at all for the past few...anxious sometimes boarder line panic...until 3 am then pass out n dont wanna get up for work at 7....i have spoken with my dr who says im adjusting but

Has anyone else had this n what remedies do you all use? (Not medicinal remedies)
Hey Christi, hope you are having a good weekend, well apart from the insomnia!!

Let me assure you that I suffered the very same thing, but for me the weirdest thing was I tired right up until I got into bed and then "wide awake.

It was at its worst in the first 2 weeks but trust me Christi it will get better soon Hun.

Have a great weekend.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ty guys!!
Old 06-07-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Valerian is a natural plant, it calms and helps with sleep for some people like moi.

I also found that Chamomile, usually 2-3 cups during the evening really help me relax.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've been taking melatonin for the last four nights but I am stopping. I have found myself getting more and more tired the last few days, to the point that I was so exhausted last evening that I didn't even have the energy to type my daily post. Also the last two nights, I have had extremely vivid, freaky dreams. I'm not sure it's from taking the melatonin, but I'm not taking it anymore. I like LeTheVerte's suggestion about nighttime teas.

Congratulations on two weeks (I'm a day behind you) and good luck with the sleep issue!
Old 06-08-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ty guys drank tons of tension tamer tea....still had the anxiety and SOB tossed n turned but eventually drifted off...hope this geys better
Old 06-08-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

You will get there Christi, well done.