Notices

Wife of an addict

Old 12-06-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wife of an addict

Hello. I joined this group in an effort to seek help/support in navigating life with an addict. My husband has an opiate addiction (opium, pills) and I really don't know which way to turn. I've been travelling this road with him for 2 1/2 years, and, while I love him so incredibly much, I don't know if he's ever going to stop. We decided to move to another state, to start over. I moved first,as he went to jail for 45 days. A few weeks after he joined me, he started using again and the lies, sneaking around, EVERYTHING involved with his using, started all over again. I am so angry all the time. This is not the life I want. I'm educated, speak 5 languages, have a loving family (although they don't know about his addiction), have a good job... I feel so many different emotions at any given time- anger, hurt, betrayal, sadness at the thought of not being with him, fear. He swears he's not using, but my gut tells me differently. I don't even confront him anymore, because he'll lie anyway. He functions quite well, more so now since he's popping pills instead of smoking opium, yet just the fact that he's still using makes me feel hopeless for our future. I don't know what to do.

P.S- does anyone know the signs of pill popping? I know well the signs of opium, but not pills (mainly Percoset).