Notices

New here

Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site. I've been clean from my drug addiction since 09/28/2012. Oh and my name is Marisa.

I've been searching for an online support site because I had to leave outpatient about a month ago due to financial issues. And I have intense social anxiety and almost had a panic attack going to an NA meeting. So I believe that this site will help to give me that support I'm looking for.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! Hey it's awesome that you stated sober after having to leave your rehab. That shows a high level of committment on your part. Awesome job. Going to meetings can be really scary but coming to the forum is a great way to find support and eventually you'll be able to get out more. Give it time. Be kind to yourself.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your at the right place. Hope you feel better after a few time going.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Welcome to the forums Shakeitout,

I remember when I left rehab. I was waiting at a train station opposite an off-license. I was waiting there for 3 hours. I never did get that drink. I didn't see the point. A lot of people say that going into the rooms of NA gives them anxiety or panic attacks. Hopefully as your sobriety progresses this will get less extreme and you will be able to walk into one of those meetings whilst feeling calm and serene.

Natom.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

welcome! welcome! you will find a lot of support and also real life wisdom here from all of the members. good for you on staying sober.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome! This is a great place to help with your sobriety. Lots of experience, strenght and hope. Keep posting and reading.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for all your welcoming and kind words. I am feeling good today, at least compared to how I have been feeling the past couple of days. And yes, I hope to be able to make it to a meeting in the future. It may be something I need to work on with my therapist/psych. Maybe an anxiety medication increase. We shall see. But for now I am so happy to have found these forums. <3