Notices

I know that I'm in trouble

Old 12-06-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Withdrawal is what you have to expect now. Be careful please, consulting a doctor is recommanded. Peak is usually at arround 72 hours.
Not saying all this to scare you, just a heads up!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaisyRose View Post

It is heartbreaking, but I love the way it makes me feel. I have long-term depression problems, beer makes me feel like I don't give a **it about anything, it is a wonderful feeling to not care about anything and to not be worrying constantly.

DaisyRose
I know this exact feeling and relate so much. The problem is that it is only a temporary relief. The problems always come back in the morning, and a lot of the time, they escalate into worse situations because of the decisions we make while drinking, and the actual physical symptoms of drinking.

I also relate to your feelings about your parents. My step father was an abusive alcoholic, who drank and smoked himself to death. And in some ways, it scares me that I for some reason that only a psychologist could probably identify, I have acted out his lifestyle, even though it hurt me so much as a child.

I hope that you can make the right decision. You sound like a good person, and I wish you the best.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DaisyRose View Post
You mentioned AA or going to a doctor. Honestly, I have a really hard time asking for help, it seems like most of the time no one cares about anyone anymore. Seeking or asking for help is very difficult for me, but I do agree that if I got my depression problems under better control that I wouldn't need the 'beer brain numb' as much. Very true, sound advice that I need to follow..
DaisyRose
Hi Daisy - I also have problems asking for help (I think this is true about many alcoholics). I have found that talking to other alcoholics (in my case through AA) very helpful. We, unlike 'normal' drinkers are the only ones that can truly understand the power alcohol has over us.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yes, Daisy, what you're going through right now is tough and it would be best that you see a doctor to make sure you'll be O.K. You could run into some serious physical problems in withdrawal and even if you don't, you could be so uncomfortable that you might relapse and resume drinking, which would be very dangerous for you. And a doctor can prescribe something to help you get through this. After you get the alcohol out of your system you'll start to feel better and, oddly enough, this will be also a time of great risk to you. You'll feel back in "control" and you may be tempted to resume drinking in the belief that you can "control" it. You can't. You'll only be back down at the bottom of the hill again and have to start all over rolling that big stone upwards. A way to prevent this from happening is to get the help of other recovering alcoholics, whether through AA or some other program. Also counseling. Good luck.

W.