Notices

A unique kind of heartache.....

Old 12-04-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy A unique kind of heartache.....

I spoke with Mum a short while ago & she told me one of our perfectly healthy, young dogs died yesterday. The garage door had unlatched in the strong winds and he'd consumed a lot of snail bait, which he'd managed to knock off a high shelf-no-one was home at the time and knowing he'd probably been suffering considerably for a good few hours is breaking my heart

I was just chilling with him on Sunday and cuddling his daft head It's amazing the way animals intuitively know if you're upset & he was actually happy to see me. I miss him so much already

Just wanted to share as I know how much everyone on SR values their pets & how instrumental they have been in peoples' journeys. You guys "get it".

Xx
Old 12-04-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't usually like cats but I got mine mainly for my son. But since I'm sober it follows me like a dog! He always seem to know when I have a bad day. So yes I get it ;-)
Old 12-04-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry your dear pup is gone. Sorry for your loss.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

Oh my, sorry to hear that, Quinne. It's awful to lose a beloved pet. That unconditional love they give...there is nothing like it. I know you will miss him.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

So very sorry to hear that. I do understand your pain. And it never gets
any easier. There is something though that helps me greatly when one of
my fur kids passes to the Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I hope this will help you as much as it has helped me over the years.

Love and hugs,
Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. That is awful. I can't stand to think of an animal suffering. But it is nobody's fault....cherish the good memories. Peace to you & mum
Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I certainly understand and send my sympathies your way. I am sooo sorry for your loss!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh man, that's terrible. I'm sorry.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Unhappy

I am so sorry for your loss. How heartbreaking.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh Quinne, that is such a sad story and I know how hard it is to know that our beloved pets have suffered. (((Quinne)))
Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Quinne.

D
Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am so sorry Quinne. Our pets are definitely just as big s part of our family as people.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Quinine, Losing a beloved pet is heartbreaking . When you lose one so unexpectedly, there is the added element of shock added to the grief. So very sorry.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Quinne, I'm glad you posted so we can share your heartache - hope it helps a little. I don't know why horrible things like that have to happen - but I'm sure he is running free now, playing with other dogs. He knew he was loved, and you'll see him again.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Q -

So sorry to hear this has happened to your pet! I lost four pets in the last four years so I know exactly how you feel. I would love to adopt another pet who needs a home and I bet you will too someday. I hope you feel better soon and I think people are right... Somehow maybe we do see them or feel their presence again after they go...
Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it means a lot Just feeling a bit flat now, all cried out laurie6781, thank you for posting that passage <3
Old 12-05-2012, 05:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am SO sorry Quinne. There's nothing quite like the loss of a beloved pet. I suddenly lost one of my cats about a month ago so I can relate to the pain.

Remember you made his life wonderful. And he made yours wonderful. He'll never be forgotten. He's up in Pet Heaven bragging about the tremendous amount of love he received on Earth.

Hugs to you.