Notices

Beyond Tired of This

Old 12-05-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beyond Tired of This

My name is Misti and I have been addicted to opiates most of my life. I went to a doctor about two years ago and got on suboxone. I started out real good. I was tapering as I should and then suddenly I "relapsed" the doctor said and started back up to 8 mg a day. I have now been taking this amount pretty much for two years. I want off of the suboxone so bad but I don't know how to get off. I am physically and mentally dependent on it. I cannot afford it and have no insurance. The money comes out of my daughter and I's food money. I cry so much when I think about how I got myself in this position and how I can't get out. If I stop I get sick and cannot work. Work is my livelihood. My doctor gets on my case all the time saying I have to cut back and quit. She acts like I am flawed because I cannot wean myself off. I just want to stop cold turkey as I have with opiates many times, but I know what will happen and I have to work. I don't know what to do anymore. I want off so bad that you would think I would wean off but I don't. It takes away from my daughter being able to have things she needs. I am moody, and not myself. I am afraid. I feel there is not much you can tell me that I don't already know, but I am so desperate now.......?????
Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Has the doctor suggested any type of recovery programs?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome Misti. I am sorry you are enslaved to a drug that is supposed to help your addiction. It is a sad indictment of our medical program that doctor's who are able to prescribe suboxone don't really understand how to use it for treatment.

We have a forum for suboxone. Perhaps someone there can help you.

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information