Notices

1st day

Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb 1st day

My birthday present to myself is to make a commitment and stick with it.
I am done with alcohol! I have been wanting to quit for a while. I am more of a binge drinker than everyday but this last year I was laid off from work and found myself drinking more. I know alcohol is everywhere, but the beach culture and tourist destination makes it so hard to ditch. I am going to do it this time!
Please help support me. I am want this so bad and tired of feeling crappy. The hangovers have been getting worse and worse. Not being able to sleep it off and mental confusion. Anyone else get that?
Aloha!
:day1
Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR...You'll find support here....Have you looked into any recovery plans?...If not...Do some reading here...Ask some questions....It takes some effort...But it can be done. Glad you are here and good for you on making a life changing decision.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Welcome sunriseshell, most of us are here on SR because we once felt that daily agony of alcohol withdraw, caught in the cycle of addiction. You can do it. You do not have to live that way anymore. If you are feeling really bad, see a doctor and let them know you are detoxing, it can be dangerous.
Best Wishes
Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Glad you found us.. And welcome aboard.

Giving up the booze has just been beyond words.

So keep posting and reading , lots of great support here..

mahalo nui loa..

Good love , Inda
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank-you everyone! I found the chat room tonight and feel better!
I started crying when I got on and there are some awesome people on here.
Really want to do this!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Co-d X boyfriend just showed up

So now that i decided to put myself first, I can see that i have to end this co-d back and forth relationship. He is an addict - hard drugs off and on. He did rehab but now I realize the pattern is every 2-3 months relapse and does the 'feel bad for me' thing. He slept in a park, got his car towed, walked for hours, hurt his back and complaining. I am so over it and have a few ties that I have to clear up asap to do the final 'break off'. He works at the house I manage doing carpentry so there is a money thing and work thing tied in. I realized today that i like to hide things - like my alcohol and weed issues and my bad relationship and don't want people to know what I am struggling with. He has gotten to the point where it is so obvious he is a mess that I can't hide from it. And I know this is only the co-d part. I can't believe I have let this train wreck go on for so many years....want to change and have him out of my life for good!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR sunriseshell
Old 12-05-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pleased to meet you, sunriseshell. You sound determined. A better life is waiting for you.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sunrisehell,
Good luck on your journey!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey sunriseshell (btw - I luv your name!)

I'm glad you found your way here and want to make a decision to give up drinking and the "other half". Someone on hard drugs is certainly not a good influence for someone wanting to give up the booze.

I wish you luck with everything and have a great sober birthday!

Keep reading and writing here!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Cat. He is passed out sleeping now. I should be glad I am leaving to go to big island. was supposed to leave today but was so hungover yesterday and my bday is tomorrow. Instead of totally getting upset with myself. I am just happy that it all 'clicked' and now I can spend a quiet bday tomorrow and rest and relax and head out on Friday!
yes, I realized as I was talking to the x and saying 'you should have done this'. I stopped and said I need to stop saying what you should do, you do what you want anyways....I need to truly focus on me.
I went to see my family in Oct. and when I got back gave him the cold shoulder but he managed to start staying at my place again. Probably because of the weed. He has it and I don't and I have had an addiction to that and then here we are in Dec. back doing the dance again. He disappeared for 4 days last week and I realized he isn't going to stop doing that and I can't go on with it anymore and talking doesn't work!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Talking to him anyways....
I must be sick to be with someone like him...and hung up on it.
He is a great guy who has been overcome with meth relapses and weed and sometimes alcohol and who knows what....
anyways, time to focus on me! Looking forward to feeling better!!!!!! At least better than yesterday but still look not so hot!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Sunriseshell!! You will find great people on SR, and you are giving yourself an incredible birthday present!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day one for me too today. I'm sat in the doctors surgery waiting to see if he will give me a detox. Gonna need some support but thank fully I know where to come.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Alex,
What is a detox? Does that include meds or rehab?
I am on Day 2 now, actually because it is after midnight!
This site saved my life yesterday. I had a super bad hangover after a random party
night and I couldn't sleep. Chatted in the chat room for a long time and got support.
My birthday is tomorrow - oops today!
One day at a time right!
Blessings!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sorry sunriseshell. Sorry iTs taken a while to reply but it has been a battle over the last week. The national health service in Britain ain't easy Went to my docs last week and my next referral wasn't till 10th Jan. I had to kick some ass and quote the terms of the Nhs before I got two appointments yesterday and now have my home detox planned for Monday. I have to stay with my MOm which is a bit weird but work are a great support and dont mind me having the week off. I can't wait. How are things going with you? x