Notices

18 day alcohol withdrawal sypmtoms?

Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy 18 day alcohol withdrawal sypmtoms?

I am a 24 year old female that has been drinking quite heavily on weekends for the last 6 years. Three weeks ago, I had trouble falling asleep a day after a 3 day binge. I thought it was anxiety so I somehow got through it without researching further. I haven't slept properly in almost 3 weeks. In the beginning, I had hot flashes, dizzyness/faint/feeling of overwhelm spells, huge anxiety as I was falling asleep I would get one body shake that would wake me back up, insomnia. Most of those went away, the only symptoms I have is the faint feeling, hot flashes and insomnia with the body shake. Let me point out I haven't had anything to drink in these last 3 weeks and I don't have any urges to. Last nights dizziness spiked my anxiety up 100% and I went to the er. After waiting 3 hours in the waiting room before seeing a doctor, I decided to leave because it was 2:00AM and I didn't want to waste my time there in the wee hours when I have work at 7:00AM. I called my doctor today and scheduled an appointment for tomorrow. Hopefully he can help me. How much longer will my symptoms last? When will I finally be able to have a good nights sleep?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
YEM
05/07/2011

You Doctor will have better info than anyone on here. If I say your WD symptoms will last for 4 more days, that doesnt really mean anything in the real world. As far as sleeplessness goes, try exercising, chamomile tea and possibly melatonin.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi getoverit87

I hope you get some answers from your Dr.
Congratulations on your 3 weeks - I hope you'll feel better soon

D