Notices

hello, from long time lurker

Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello, from long time lurker

As the title states I have been lurking on this forum off and on for almost a year now. Was going to join, than didnt, wanted to get a few weeks under my belt so that I wouldnt look like a quitter when I went back to my wine. Well that didnt happen, and wasnt going to. I would easily down a bottle a night, (thats what I had hid), plus the wine i would drink over dinner with my husband on week ends. I would buy the wine and a water bottle, pour the water out, replace with wine, dump the bottle. the weekend would come and i would worry if i had enough to last, many here I am sure Know this story. I knew I had to quite my BP is sky high, stomach issues, heart rate up and down, freaking out that if my hubby was home he would find my stash, again if he was going to use my car that I had left a store receipt laying around, or a bottle I had forgotten to toss. Anyway I hadnt been to a Dr. in multiple years, I was going to go after i went a few weeks without drinking so that my liver enzymes wouldnt give me away, that didnt happen either. Last week I developed a nasty ear infection that sent me to urgent care, well first thing they noticed was bp 180/120, did the ekg, heart is okay, they took bp again it went to 160/106. Any way I know that my drinking is 3/4 the issue. I have now been 8 days without alchohol and I really feel that now is the time I have seen myself in the mirror and the reflection said stop. I am terrified of dying and here I am killing myself. I know this is a long post and i am sorry for that, just couldnt stop typing. Will join the Dec. group (if its not to late) and thank you everyone for this wonderful forum!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Tazzle, and congrats on 8 days. You will find a ton of support on this site.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dont apologize for talking! That's what this is for. Congratulations on your over a week sober! This is wonderful.

I too was the same way, terrified of dying but slowly killing myself. Crazy what alcohol can do to our minds. It's a disgusting terrible thing. One day at a time and all that jazz. You can do this Things will start getting much better.

Keep up the posting! This site is wonderful for support. Lots of love and good people here. We'll love you until you can love yourself and then even after that!!

:ghug3
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Tazzle and please join us in the December Club.

I know exactly where you're coming from and by sticking with us here, you'll find tons of support where we all share the same story.

Congrats on the 8 days! That's quite an accomplishment!!

Every day you'll feel better and better about yourself.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Tazzle. I relate to your story, I used to cancel medical appointments due to hangovers, my BP was sky high too. Anyway, I joined SR last April and it has been very helpful. Take care of yourself.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Tazzle...great introduction. Welcome....Lots of support and understanding here on SR. Besides the Dec group you may aslo want to consider the under 30 days group as well.

Welcome and keep posting.

Jim
Old 12-04-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Tazzle x
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tazzle,

8 days is huge! Good for you! I think you will find a lot of support from caring, kind people here. There's a number of posters that have long term sobriety as well - that's where I want to be someday. I want to quit for good you know? Because it kind of keeps getting worse the longer I continue to drink and use drugs... Worse and worse. In sobriety things go the opposite direction - its just hard to adjust at first. Keep coming around and keep up the good work!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, Tazzle! I saw so much of myself in your post. The fear of a reciept being found, or much worse, the stash! Congrats on 8 days! That is a huge accomplishment. Every moment is a great accomplishment! Glad you came out of the shadows!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Tazzle - think I might have said hello on the December class thread. Parts of your story are very similar to mine. I am on day 4 so good for you on 8 - keep it up
Old 12-04-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Tazzle
glad you decided to post - congratulations on your 8 days

see you on the December thread
Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're doing great, Tazzle. We're so happy to have you here. I think it's good to write out your feelings - it helps take away some of the anxiety. Things will get a bit better every day - you're going to do this.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Tazzle, I'm 3 days sober and like you I know that the alcohol is slowly killing me. I too have stomach problems. Alcoholism is so insidious it just creeps up until the stage when we are addicted. I too am determined this time to quit, so for every day sober we are doing are body some good.

Fantastic that you are on Day 8 and now confident to post here and say that you are sober. Well done!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

One day at a time........

Congratulations on your sobriety.......sounds like you're on your way to freedom. I am inspired by your courage to post and share.

Take care.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome Tazzle, I'm glad you decided to post. I could relate to many things you wrote. Keep reading and posting, there's alot of great support and advice here from people who understand. Great job on 8 days.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome tazzle, I'm so glad you decided to join us! Congrats on 8 days..keep posting and keep that resolve..you can DO this!!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! You'll find that life's a lot simpler without drinking.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

8 days, way to go! Share your success!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome and congrats on your 8 days! I remember all the plotting and planning, too, as well as the constant worry that I'd be "found out." It's great to have you as a fellow poster!