Notices

I made it to my 5th day!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile I made it to my 5th day!!!

And I plan to keep going and never pop another pill no matter what! It was a tough few days but not as bad as I thought, I planned my whole thing out way ahead of time and asked my doc for prozac a month before quitting then I began to wean down everyday then when I was down to only 2 half pills a day so really 1 pill a day that's when I stopped so I think the prozac and the weaning really helped! I don't feel tired at all in fact by day 2 I was cleaning the house and doing laundry! I'm not feeling depressed or anything only thing I'm having a problem with is falling asleep but I think that's from the prozac. I hope that maybe me sharing this may help someone out
Old 12-04-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats Pink!

It's a great feeling when you can shake that monkey off your back!

I'm on day four and have lots of hope for future days of sobriety.

Thank you for sharing :ghug3
Old 12-04-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Pinkiez

D
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad things are going well - keep going strong Pinkiez!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice going Pinkiez, and Cat1961. I'm on my 8th day totally off valium. I cut down a bit then skiped a few days then took 3/4 of one and decided I could make it OK. I was only adicted for 42 years so it won't be to bad. I took the first one watching the Woodstock movie while it was in it's first run.
I am starting to feel like a violin string being stretched , It started last night , but I found something to repair and I felt better having something to work on . The thing most I notice is my stomach doesnt feel right. Oh yeah my breathing is coming in short breaths and I cant concentrate , I tried reading a article in National Geographic this morning but after a half hour of reading the same paragraph over and over again and still not remembering what I read I gave up. I am sweating and my sweat is very stinky, every so often my body jerks and I get weird feeling through my muscles. I'm 65 years
old swo I'm not sure what part of this is because I'm not in the shape I was years ago. Anyway what ever it is I'm not taking more valium in this life time. I also spent several years in jail in my younger days , I was 23 when I got out the last time. I guess my whole lifestyle back then was illegal, I'm retired now and owned an autowrecking business that I sold 12 years ago . In my life I never drank hardly ever ,but now I'm having a shot or two of vodka at night. I think I rambled on enough.
Neil