Notices

Just Annie

Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Annie

Hello all,

My name is Annie. I am 16 years old and have been drinking since I was 14. I originally drank to numb my pain caused by boys (how typical, right?) and my parents divorce (and although it was more of a happy thing to get that A$$h013 out of our lives, it was still rough.) Since, then, I've drank a good number of times. Parties, alone, with friends, whatever, it doesn't matter. Vodka. It's all about the vodka. While drinking, I've broken four bones, had sex with my best friend, drunk called and texted numerous times, and attempted to eat a live fish. I hate alcohol. I'm sorry, it tastes like crap -.- But dang, I'm addicted to what it does to me.

Last time I drank was...Saturday. I don't really know what to do anymore. I've gone 6 months at a time without drinking, and then again, I've also taken 16 shots in one night. I have so much I am going to do in life, and I know that this will stop it all. I don't know what to do... I'm discouraged and need help.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Annie,

Welcome to SR, glad you found us Congrats on your decision to quit drinking and get a life.

There is loads of support here. Do you have a plan, counselling, AA or one of the other recovery methods like AVRT or SMART?

Kevin
Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome to SR Annie..

You have found a great start to putting yourself with people that understand and want to help and listen..

Thank you for reaching out to us and I hope to see more posts from you..

You said you have so much to do in life. And you couldnt be more correct.. You have unlimited potential. To see the world without being sucked into the diesease any futher..

Good love, Inda
Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Some recovery options:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html
Old 12-05-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome. I didn't start drinking quite as early as you, but when I did start, at 18, I hit the ground running.

Wish I could have seen then the problem it was and how much worse it could get. I congratulate you for looking at your drinking now instead of waiting. If you quit you will be sparing yourself a lot of grief.

Good luck.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Annie!

I'm glad you're seeking support.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Can you talk to your mother or grandparents about this? I'm sure they would want to help you in any way.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Annie. I agree with KissMyTiara. You are so young - is there an adult in your life that you can talk to for help and support? Its hard to quit drinking without support but I imagine at your age it will be even harder so I encourage you to find a person, group something to help you.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Annie

I had issues with my drinking when I was your age. What I wish I had done then was go to my doctor and talk to them about it because I had other issues which really needed to be addressed. I don't think it did me any good to try and deal with everything by myself. What I really needed was help dealing with my emotions. I'd imagine it'd be better to do that now rather than wait til you're 31 Maybe counselling would help. But certainly stick around here too. Learning about recovery methods can only be helpful if you have the tendency to abuse alcohol.

Glad you're here x