Notices

Try this again...

Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Try this again...

Ok, so I went out last night and now today I have what we call a "guilty hangover". We've all had those. So day 1 to sobriety is hard, hoping tomorrow is easier. I know I have a problem with alcohol and in all other aspects of my life I can control and do great things but for some reason I cannot control drinking. I can't have just 1 drink, I don't know when to stop once I start. I have tried AA and really never made a connection so I'm hoping that I can find strength here with some others. It's difficult, I live in the small town where I was born and raised and that's all we do is "PARTY". Together I think we can kick this!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! You sure can do this!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Dingo

I spent a lot of years partying too - it doesn't look as good at 40 as it did at 25.

There's a load of other stuff to do in life besides drinking and partying, and a load of other people doing it too...I bet even in your town

You'll find a lot of support here
Old 12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes Dingo, we have all had "guilty hangovers". I hope this site helps you. For me, I have never tried AA but I'm going this week for the first time as I have tried more times than I care to remember to give up drinking alone. This site has definitely helped me. Everyone is so helpful and supportive here and and it's good to know that I am not the only one struggling with this problem. I have just started the class of December which may help you also.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I, too, come from a small midwestern town and we have NOTHING to do around here. Well, I like water and mountains, we don't have much of those! I am day 11 sober and trying to look around me and see what there really is to do. Go through your parks and recreation department, find classes at the library. I'm picking up my workouts again and I tell ya, they feel fantastic. My body feels 100% better! Good luck, I think you'll enjoy yourself more when you give yourself a few days.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Dingo x
Old 12-03-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family!