Notices

Another Hungover Monday

Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Time2Focus!

Moderation, for me, was completely exhausting. I decided that I was either going to be a drunk forever or be sober forever. It is simply too tiring to try and be normal when I know that I'm not wired the same way as people who can drink moderately.

I've been sober (this time!) for 90 days and can tell you the freedom I feel is worth it all. I had a quick dance with the devil a few weeks ago, had one beer, and the crap that came along with it was soooooo not worth it. The internal judgement, the fighting my desire to drink more immediately, the courage to post here honestly, the desire for more more more (yup, I said that twice), the list goes on.

I had to decide, deep within, that I'm going to live the rest of my life as a sober person. And believe me, it took years of fits and starts for me to finally give up. But I wouldn't change a minute of my last 90 and it's been a hell of a 3 months in my life.

You can do this - you just have to want it more than anything in the world and make it THE most important thing in YOUR world. Good luck and keep posting.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I suppose I can take a long lunch break and try to get to some meetings during the week.

From your original post it sound's like you would go to any length to get more booze to keep drinking.

Are you willing to go to any length to stay sober?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes. I am.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Focus View Post
Yes. I am.
Now those are the words of a person who is ready for sobriety. Take it easy on yourself, live it one minute at a time if you have to, and it does help to hit a meeting if that is something you feel will help. Personally, I find it comforting to be surrounded by people who are just like me. And most importantly, don't judge me on anything other than my presence at that meeting. It is nice to be among my own "people" even if I just sit there and listen (which I do, a lot) and take a break from the hectic pace of life for an hour.

I wish you success on your personal journey - you will find great support here and many suggestions for you to determine what tools work best for you to stay sober and recover.

YOU CAN DO THIS.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Again, thank you all for the support. I really needed it. I'm currently watching/listening to an online meeting right now. Hey, it's a start...