Notices

Reaching out. I really need support NOW!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

The heart being your higher power! I love that!!!! I'll let you know how this Quad A meeting goes tonight
Thanks, Inda and Stepping. You helped me a lot
J
Old 12-13-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey stepping!

Nice to see you again and so positive. Stay focused on sobriety and life will all fall into place. :ghug3
Old 12-13-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Hey cat! I havent made it over to the class of dec thread much. Sorry hun i just couldn't keep up lol. I am VERY slow haha..kinda.

How are you? How is sobriety goin?

There is a thread here called the newbie bus...it's a lot of fun! You should jump on too!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey girl!!!! You sound awesome and strong today!! Proud of you!!! :ghug3

Have a great night!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling good today Stepping, glad you came back right after!!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:57 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I type this with a drink by my side unfortunately... I commend you for being sober for so long, that is an achievement. Wonderful. So u fell off the rails, take comfort and be proud of the fact that you realize you don't want to sink back down to the drink hell and have logged on here for support.
Congrats for staying clean so long and congrats for coming back here. I've only been on this site less than a week and already it's helped me change my thought process
Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Welcome D104...You CAN change to! If ya need support you know where to find me. THank you for the sweet words, they mean tons to me!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone - even alcohol. For by this time sanity will have returned. We will seldom be interested in liquor. If tempted, we recoil from it as from a hot flame. We react sanely and normally, and we will find that this has happened automatically. We will see that our new attitude toward liquor has been given us without any thought or effort on our part. It just comes! That is the miracle of it. We are not fighting it, neither are we avoiding temptation. We feel as though we had been placed in a position of neutrality - safe and protected. We have not even sworn off. Instead, the problem has been removed. It does not exist for us. We are neither cocky nor are we afraid. That is our experience. That is how we react so long as we keep in fit spiritual condition.

Those are the step 10 promises stepping...How do we get them to come true? We work steps 1 through 9.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

BEAUTIFUL Sapling!

I am pouring my heart and soul into steps 1-9 & working the day light out of them. It's all that metters now
Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

A Home Group, a sponsor and regular attendance will bring sober serenity down the line.

Drinking is a small part of my problem and the easiest rectified. The answer to alcohol is NO..... now I have to live sober. The problem really begins

All the best.

Bob R
Old 12-14-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Thanks Bob! You are right, the easy part is putting the drink DOWN....well now that's the easiest part for me. Found out recently the hard part is keeping in down! But with support and working the steps I SEE MYSELF NEVER DRINKING again EASY this time! Thanks Bob!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

If finally learned what others told me: You cannot have just one drink. It's literally impossible.
Why is it impossible? Because you don't want just one drink. You want the escape. That is why we drank. And choosing allow any alcohol is choosing to say "i want to escape." But once that first drink hits, you haven't escaped. Well NOW you're determined to get what you came for. You don't want one drink. You want one drunk.

I won't say "I'll just have one drink, just one." Instead, i say "I'll just have one drunk, just one more drunk." Because that's what i'm doing. If we could control it, we wouldn't continually wake up hungover, wondering "how come i can't have just one?"

If you want some alcohol, and least be truthful with yourself, and tell yourself "I'll just have one drunk." Don't lie to yourself.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stepping View Post
BEAUTIFUL Sapling!

I am pouring my heart and soul into steps 1-9 & working the day light out of them. It's all that metters now
That's what I did....Here's a little secret....When you come to terms with whatever your Higher Power is...Don't be afraid to ask it for help.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

To the two posts above...see page 2 or below

I love both of your advice and am grateful to receive!!!

Originally Posted by stepping View Post
Maybe I should start bumping my own threads, lol. This is such a great place! THank you for all of the responses. THank you for making me think today about this Inda! I looked back today at my WAY old post from January. I dont even know that girl anymore!

I feel like I have grown so much and have finally realized I can not take one drink! I have tried so long to hold onto the idea that I could go back for just one. Maybe I tried to prove I could be normal and convinced myself after long sober times I can "be good".

Something has clicked this time. I was attending AA and never really "worked" the program.
For some reason I thought that if I simply went to meetings something would click...some kind of miracle i guess. I did not know how to get sober....I was SOO lost. I feel so sorry for that girl and totally understand anyone in my predicament then. It's hard. When you lose yourself and your life after so many years of alcohol..it's hard you literally forget how to live without alcohol. I forgot. Forgot how to have friends, forgot how to love, forgot who I was. All I knew was alcohol!!!!
Thank God I now see the only way the program works and the only way I will stay sober is if I work the program and really, really, really, realize in my heart that I AM AN ALCOHOLIC...always will be and that I can NEVER drink again, ever. There's no "fun go" limited adventure go with drink when you have this disease. And now I am OK with that. I feel like I have PEACE!!!! REAL HONEST TO GOD PEACE, because of Him!

My goal is to work the steps daily and go to meetings daily. Surround myself with sober people that understand such as on here and at meetings. I want to be sober more than ANYTHING! In the past I wanted to be sober too no doubt BUT in hinde sight I think I wanted to be sober where I didnt drink day in and day out but I could still enjoy when I wanted, ya know.

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I am free of the chains of addiction. Seriously anyone who was in my shoes keep fighting. Just don't give up ever!!! I never would have dreamed EVER that I would get to this point but I am. And if you keep praying and want something bad enough it's happen. It just night take you a few times to figure it out. Never give up though. Where there is a will there is a way. Believe me something will just click and then it gets easy and you say to yourself what the heck have I been doing for the past 10 yrs (in my case) I wish I could have done this a long time ago. Don't look back at your past with regret either. I had to go through all that H%%% to get to Heaven! Seriously that devil will try, try and try but ultimately if you let him in God will help. You have to ask though..sometimes many times. He doesn't know to help unless you ASK. He loves you and wants so much to be apart of your liffe in every single way possible.

Aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just wanna scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry just seriosuly so happy. I can officially finally say what I have wanted to say for the longest time ever. I am not that girl anymore!!! I have self esteem, courage, a want for life that i cant even begin to express. I want those suffering to have what i have and you will if you DONT EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey Stepping!!!!

Stopping bye to say hello and hope you are having a wonderful day!!! :ghug3