Notices

drunk dreams

Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

When we first get sober we have a part of us that wants to do what we have always done… drink. Sure we also want to quit but this sets up a conflict within us. Think of drinking dreams as wish fulfillment for that part of you that wants to drink. Realize that while you are sleeping your guard is down and the wish can sometimes fulfill itself. Fortunately when this happens in a dream there are few negative consequences, other than an “emotional hangover”. In my opinion the dreams do not need to "mean" anything more than this.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This is so weird. I have just started having them too. The only thing I can put it down to is the impending arrival of Christmas. I have been thinking a lot about how I'm going to cope at Christmas time. Its not that I want to drink, because I don't, but its more to do with people expecting me to drink and how I'm going to handle that.

The dreams are strange, I dream that I decide its ok to drink and I have 3 or 4 beers. Then I go through the remorse of drinking and feeling a failure. Its horrible and I wake feeling ashamed.

One good thing about the dreams its another reminder of why I dont drink.