Notices

Trying this again...

Old 12-03-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ewo View Post
Well, I think this time I'm not going to make up excuses to friends and family. That was really hard for me. I ended up just avoiding everyone in order to not have to explain to everyone all the time why I wasn't drinking. And in return, I ended up feeling like an outcast. It would be so much easier if everyone around me just accepted the fact that I no longer want to drink. But that's usually not good enough. I would get hounded about it, "why aren't you drinking? You're boring! Let me buy you a drink! No? How about a shot?" I'm sure many of you have been in that situation before!! Some people just don't understand why anyone would NOT want to have a drink. It got tiresome having to explain or come up with excuses - even if my excuse was "I'm not drinking because I drink too much when I do and it's effecting my health."
..I go through this all the time with my family and friends who surround their lives and socializing events with booze...always. I always get hounded for not wanting a drink,,you feel like you need to make an excuse or something..like,you're on medication,or,I'm pregnant~! (that only worked 3 times for me) but it's a world full of people who drink too much and don't want to stop. when you WANT to stop,they all gang up...weird when you want to do it to better yourself.unfair,and hard to handle .
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

You CAN do it ewo! Let's do it together! I am starting over again today too. I am here if you need support as all these others are on SR. Stay strong and believe in yourself. You are a lot stronger than you think!!!