Notices

first day down :) 2nd day starts

Old 12-04-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Work safety. Better than an accident. Glad you are feeling better.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well done! Your Doctor sounds very sensible. Many of the drugs to "help" symptoms are themselves addictive. Clean of all drugs is my own goal.
Spend the money you save on drink, on great fruit and healthy food. Treat yourself to your favourite food every day. You deserve it! Also, do start to exercise and produce those natural endorphins. You may want to buy good vitamin B and C supplements for 30 days, as most heavy drinkers are very low in those two.
Your brain chemistry and body will be alcohol free in ten days and within 30 days, with good exercise, you feel reborn!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

SOunds like you have a good plan ahead of you. Hang in there. Work hard at it. I do hope you start feeling much better soon
Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

yes, i'm sure your doctor mentioned a good quality easily absorbed B complex (capsules dissolve faster) to help you balance out as you are healing.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Glad to see you on Day 3 elite!

That's really a scary thing being approached by the boss man but glad you "got that out of your system". It's great he was understanding since some employers don't get it.

I'm glad you saw the doc and he reassured you these trying times will pass. Good luck with the group on Thursday!

Hang in there a please come back every night after work for a progress report. It'll be a real eye opener when you start reading through the posts from day one and be ever so thankful you put the booze down.

You're doing great elite! :ghug3
Old 12-04-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
~sb

toast, crackers, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat, something you'd eat for a stomach flu. You need to eat, even if it's little bites through the day. And lots of water!

Congrats on 2 days!! Stay strong and stay sober!!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good work elite, the first 3 are always the hardest for me, after the 4th feeling better accelerates. Just think that if you can keep it out of your system then the worst physically is almost behind you.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Keep going elite! You are doing great! Very inspirational
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hope all is going well elite and you are feeling better. Check in with us.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

i have been awake since 4:25 am .. and i love it lol
i got up with no hang over no feeling groggy no feelings of the room is doing a mad spin
i just woke up and my typical thing to do when i get up at that time is grab a beer ... but this morning i just started to clean

still no beer in the house .. and no alcohol what so ever in my system
today is going to be a good day .... i still have the head ache but its not as bad
the shakes are at random points through out the day
the tingle feeling went away last night for a few hours

i feel good right now .. and i am looking forward to a good day at work
the only down point i had yesterday was my work friends ragging on me about the work christmas party because i said i am not going because i know there will be alcohol there ( its in a bar ) and i dont trust my self .... they seem to think this is just a joke and that i will be back to my old self in no time

i am not going to get p!ssed at what they say or think
i am just going to turn it in to something positive and prove them wrong

my health is getting better
i have more food in the house then i think i have had in a long time
i have extra money in my bank
and my house is clean ... i cant believe how much of a mess i let it get in to

thank you to everyone here ..
Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Elite - that is freaking awesome!!!

Glad you are doing so much better and have such a positive outlook.

That's a tough deal with the work boys but when they see how you've changed (after being sober) they'll think "Wow, he really was serious and look how he totally got his sh*t together!"

Ain't it grand not to wake up and head to the stash of beer in the frig? My routine was waking in the middle of the night not being able to sleep then the immediate trigger to get up and grab a beer. No more, my friend.

Take the daily $$ you would have spent on beer and put it in a jar. IF you ever get the urge, take a look at the contents of that jar and see how much money you did NOT spend on worthless alcohol. Don't forget to also look back at some of your original posts here and see how sh*tty you felt during the early stages.

Again, I'm very proud of you!! :ghug3
Old 12-05-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Really great you are doing so well and starting to feel better, see little changes. It is just more little changes everyday that keep coming with sobriety. Good that you are able to handle the ragging, stick with your plan, you will be so glad.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am glad you are starting to feel better. Hope the headache goes away soon. My energy level is up, I have been exercising, but cleaning is still NOT my favorite thing, just a necessary evil!