Notices

Bring it on!

Old 12-02-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You guys are all so inspiring and so look forward to the day I wake up with a clear head lacking the massive gut rot. Instead I'm suffering through Day 2 and have to go to the store some time today. Although I know a six pack (or the usual 18 pack) will fix the ill feeling in my stomach and head, I have no desire to pursue that aisle. Instead, I'll seek out some fruity drinks and sparkling water.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey furnace... I meditate. I find 5 minutes every morning before work can make me calmer during the day. I also study Kabbalah. I find it interesting and positive.

I do go to meetings but I don't do AA as a program. I like having a place to go when things get dicy. I like the AVRT and smart methodologies as well. So I combine as many things as needed to stay sober. SR is a huge component.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Well you seem like you are keeping a semi-open mind.

What's preventing you from at least TRYING AA out as a program? Don't give me the God excuse, either.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Wow Ken, a great Sunday post! Big steps! You're making me hungry...and thinking of St. Patrick's Day-I''m not going there lol

I'm going to the bar to watch the Patriots for a potluck party. No intentions or real cravings to drink today so it should be fun. Get Mom out of the house and good and tired is the plan lol

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ahhhhh.... You cannot trick me into a open discussion about programs. Nope. People here get stupid about the topic of what works. AA is good for a lot of people. Does it help to have a meeting to go to. Sure. But after going for 30 in 30 I was sober. But also depressed. It's simply not all that positive an environment. People will say I must not be going to the right meeting then. No... I was.

I am just a super positive person. Even when depressed.lol so the constant war stories as a way to communicate to others is a downer.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Ahhhhh.... You cannot trick me into a open discussion about programs. Nope. People here get stupid about the topic of what works. AA is good for a lot of people. Does it help to have a meeting to go to. Sure. But after going for 30 in 30 I was sober. But also depressed. It's simply not all that positive an environment. People will say I must not be going to the right meeting then. No... I was.

I am just a super positive person. Even when depressed.lol so the constant war stories as a way to communicate to others is a downer.
I agree. They can be a very negative environment. Many people like to relive the problem instead of live in the solution.

BUT, the meetings are just fellowship. The actual program is the steps, worked out of the big book. With a sponsor. It's that simple. But, lucky for you, you have free-will and can make a choice whether to do that or not. If you find something else that works better for you, more power to you.

Guess I'm just truthfully a little biased because I didn't have any success with other programs. So just as how you don't see and understand how AA works so well for me, I don't fully understand how the other things can work for you.

BUT, It's ALL GOOD!!!!! Life is grand and we are all sober today, cause that's what matters!

God Bless, Ken.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I had a sponsor. Checked in every morning. Started the steps. I still go to meetings.

And yes. I have free will. Everyone does.

I do see value in AA. I see successes there. So please make no assumptions of what I think of it. I do understand how you feel about it. I just simply like a few methods.

Yes. What ever works.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Yay. Let's hug it out!
Old 12-02-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi weasel,
So you don't have a active sponsor anymore? I'm starting to feel the same way you do about working the program but am unsure if I should cut ties w my sponsor
Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

New. I would not stop anything that is working. Or have another plan to replace it before you do anything to sever ties. My sponsor was a real nice guy. Very good with the program.

I cannot give any advice on what you should do. How we stay sober is a personal event.

But I wish you the best and hope you stay sober today!

Ken
Old 12-02-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Today my sober voice was firmly in control. AV approached. Many times. But no means no. There's no discussions.

Going to work tomorrow with a clear head. I am earning my bosses confidence after being out hungover a lot. He made a meeting with me at 8 tomorrow morning. When he said it Friday I was worried I would f it up and drink. Nope.

The corned beef and cabbage was the best I ever made!

Thanks for everyone's support today. I really really appreciate it.

Ken
Old 12-02-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

good on you Ken

D