Notices

Questions on this my Day 2

Old 12-02-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Questions on this my Day 2

Well today is Day 2 for me. Yeterday I felt awful from Friday's nights drinking. I came on here and got some great advice and encouragment and made some new friends. A wise soul told me to tke care of myself yesterday but today I should make a plan. I am not sure where to start with the plan but I am going to sort of "blog" on this my very own thread everyday as a reminder that there is support here and to stay accountable. I hope starting my own personal little journal here for my selfish reasons is not too egotistical.

I do have a few questions for people if you care to share( I am sure I will have many more in the future)

Do the self loathing and feelings or worthlessness ever go away? If so how long did it take for you?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wondering the same thing
this would be day one for me

but i wish you all the best of luck
Old 12-02-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Day 2 Club! I'm right here with ya.

From past experiences when "drying out" I begin to feel like a real person within a week and can actually smile again. Every thing around me comes alive and realize what I've been missing while hiding behind the upteen beers a day. Once you have a clear mind, you'll soon discover there's so much to offer and the "worthlessness" will soon disappear.

Keep a positive outlook with sobriety and we'll tackle this journey together.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Elite and Welcome!

It's rough the first couple days but I can assure you it does get better.
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Elite & Cat. Elite I just posted a reply on your thread. Make this your Day 1!.

Check you all later - I must go try to do something productive today. Not to say that being on here right now isn't productive. It might be the best thing I do do for me today!
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can learn something from your recent friday night drinking....You woke up feeling craptastic....Your goal might be to feel GOOD both mentally and physically.

for me, alcohol exacerbated depression which lead to more drinking which led to depression. it was a vicious cycle that i had to break...but every day sober is a step towards the light.

make a plan for your time, know what your triggers are....for me it was taking a different route home from work, and making different activities during cocktail hour...once i got past 8PM i was usually ok.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 2 too

I'm on my second day of sobriety after years of a bottle a night plus habit, and this is my first post. Nice to see someone on here is at the same point as me. Best of luck, lets do this!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You guys are doing great. Expect a lot of ups and downs, but nothing that you can't handle with all the available help.
Just going from now until you go to bed tonight without drinking/drugging is a huge accomplishment at this point. You'll realize that more and more in the near future.
It gets better...it really does.

All the best.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Give time time

Think positively--it's hard to change, but it can be done, keep smiling (it fools the body) and think positively, it is basically opposite of how we thought while drinking

Take care of you, have compassion for yourself and try to heal and heal well physically.

Doing something will help your moods lift---clean some room, do something each day, as hard as it is, just do it.

Stick around here

Hugs,
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CopDoc View Post
I'm on my second day of sobriety after years of a bottle a night plus habit, and this is my first post. Nice to see someone on here is at the same point as me. Best of luck, lets do this!
Welcome to SR and congrats on Day #2! Feel free to join us in the Class of December 2012:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...er-2012-a.html
Old 12-02-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am glad you are feeling better today! I have always been my own worst critic whether it was related to drinking or not. I have been doing a lot of reading and also working with a counselor and they are helping me to leave the past where it is.

I am trying to shift to the mindset of my past (the good, the bad, and the ugly) has shaped who I am, and that my mistakes were opportunities for learning. However, this one is still a work in progress for me.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey CopDoc - I agree with Cat come join the CLass of December. I've been lurking aroung since June but this is the first time I committed to a class and I think it might help!

Delilah - I think we are all works in progress till the very end. Hopefulyy we will all be worjking and progressing for a long time
Old 12-02-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome copdoc

TTBABP

Do the self loathing and feelings or worthlessness ever go away? If so how long did it take for you?
I think everyone feels that way after a binge/relapse...give yourself a couple of days to get over it.

It's done. It happened. It can't be undone as much as we'd like it to be.

Learn from it and move on

I had some longer term changes of perception about the world and my place in it too, but that's probably another post

D