Notices

Stupid question

Old 12-01-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really think the painful part of being sober is short lived Dan - I found after a month or so, things started to get a lot better...

by 3 months I began to enjoy sobriety...by 6 months I knew I couldn't go back....

3 months, 6 months may sound an eternity but considering I drank hard for 20 years and drugged for 30, more or less, it's a pretty good deal really.

D
Old 12-01-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I agree with Dee. The painful part is short lived.......and well worth suffering through to break through to the better side.

Keep fighting Dan!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dan, I hope you get some rest and come back later and let us know how you're doing.

We're here for you.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

See you tomorrow, Dan.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
~sb

hugs to ya
Old 12-02-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

just woke up(face down in the living room floor) feeling suprisingly well, I washed down a 5mg of valium with a couple ounces of scotch whiskey, that's my solution to being wide awake at 4 in the mornin, temporary as it might be
Old 12-02-2012, 02:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

man, i'm unpreparred, i finished All the alcohol i had, there's two hours before i can get more, maybe sleep would be good
Old 12-02-2012, 03:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

OCD your still up dude? How you feeling?
Old 12-02-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's another way to do this Dan....when you want to.

D
Old 12-02-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Dan - that was my solution every day for the last week. Waking up before the sun came up and start drinking. It's only going to get worse my friend.

If you felt surprisingly well today waking up, you have one up on me since I felt like death yesterday on my day 1 but chose to come here instead of a beer run.

I hope you can hang in there.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

well it worked (again) although i popped a little xanax as well, slept like a baby. thanks ThePatMan for the pm, i was long gone by the time you wrote that.. I did sleep well, feelin a little fuzzy now, that usualy subsides with caffeine and food. thanks Dee, no dought you are right, seems like alcohol is the only thing that makes everything go away. man I've given myself a beating over the last forty or so years, i have my Mom and Dad to thank for my good health, god rest their souls as i get ready for another round, tomorrow i get my hands on at least 300 mg of roxies, oooohh boy..
Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Dan, I'm concerned for you mixing it up like that with the drink and drugs.

Towards the end of my drinking a vodka, wine and Valium mix made me really ill.

Please try to stop, you know this makes nothing any better. The early days are hard, but it honestly does get easier. When I was low I learned to trust what people on here with long term sobriety told me. They have also been in the depths of this illness and managed to get through it.

At 6 months now I'm close enough to remember how you are feeling right now, but far enough away to be able to tell you with absolute certainty, it DOES GET BETTER!!

We all care very much. This is serious Dan. Xxxx
Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks Jeni, i don't know what's wrong with me, i have a fantastic life, good job, lots of friends, plenty of cash, a great truck, a big boat, etc, etc.. but i only get to see my girlfriend once a week but even then i drink/drug to oblivion.. you'd think someone who writes computer code for a living would be smart enough to figure out how to stay sober, but look at people who smoke cigs, they can be smart, but just can't stop causing themselves harm, I'm just in tears half the time until i get alcohol. i know, stop being such a baby..
Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OCDDan View Post
i love you guys..
We love you too Dan!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

OCD - I feel for you but I am concerned to about your mixing. It sounds like you have a nice life - wouldn't it better to enjoy it sober? (I know is not easy - try with some of the rest of us newbie's - make today Day 1)
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You're not a baby at all. We've all been there Dan. It doesn't have anything to do with how much money we earn, what qualifications we have or how clever we are.
We are alcoholics.
Have you reached that point when you will do anything to quit? That point when you fully accept the way you're living will most likely kill you if you carry on?
I think it was when I reached that point of knowing I just couldn't carry on as things were that I started to move forward.
Without facing up to this, your job, your girlfriend, your lifestyle will slip away. I nearly lost my marriage. Many on here have.
We're rooting for you Dan. I will support you all I can. But you need to make that decision for you xx
Old 12-02-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

yea the wake up at 2am drinking and druggng thing is fairly new, i actually feel better the next day cause of not laying awake for three hours and then falling asleep five minute before the alarm goes off, instead, the booze and pills put me to sleep. Agree'd it's not a good thing. what a concept tho, making today day 1, someday there will be a day 1, and I'll be thinking about that today, but how to replace alcohol with what?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
~sb

my sponsor writes computer code, too. he's amazingly intelligent.

You can stay stopped, Dan, if you want to. you've done it before. find a method of staying stopped and work it like it's life or death. It's better than this slow suicide you are committing.

We care about you!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Jeni, I guess i haven't reached that point of doing anything to quit, i have realized it will probably be a factor in how i die tho. I been so lucky lately with some of the stupid things i did and got away with, you and everyone here is absolutely right in that quitting is the way to go, I'll be thinking it over very seriously today, i'm sure today won't be the day tho and i appreciate yours and everyone here's feedback, soon I'll be heading out for the day, maybe the night as well..

oh, please don't get me wrong, there's been plenty of times that i've been in situations that should have told me i've reached the point of doing anything to stop the drinking, i just don't get it.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Sugarbear, thanks for your support, it's so good to hear from you and everyone. I just wish i could be in person with more people (besides work)..