SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Oh Christmas Tree (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/276168-oh-christmas-tree.html)

Delilah1 12-01-2012 01:46 PM

Oh Christmas Tree

Went to a WFS meeting this morning, first time I was actually able to go to a meeting that was not online. Only six women and it was great. Three of us were educators, not sure what that says about my profession!

Anyway, we are now on our way to get our Christmas tree. My husband put up all of the outside decorations this morning while I was at the meeting and running errands, this was a nice surprise because he usually is the last to put up holiday stuff and the first to take them down, I will blame the neat freak in him.

Looking forward to picking out a tree with the kids and then decorating it tonight. Usually we would have wine or champagne as we hang ornaments, this time hot chocolate for all!!

Happy Saturday to all my SR friends!!!:Xmastd

Dee74 12-01-2012 01:54 PM

I'm fighting a losing battle against it not being Xmas yet aren't I? LOL
Glad you had a good day Delilah :)

D

IndaMiricale 12-01-2012 01:55 PM

Awesome :)

What a pleasant post.. Go enjoy your time picking out the worderful tree that will fill your house with the scent of X mas.. :)

3 were educators where the other 3 from restaurants ... LOL.. ;)

Fernaceman 12-01-2012 01:57 PM

Awesome. Great post! I, too, am going to do some Xmas decorating today at my parent's house. They haven't invited me for quite a number of years to decorate the tree. This could be because I probably wouldn't have gone, they didn't really want me around, or they asked me and I forgot about it. LOL, all irrelevant tho.

Happy Holidays, SR! :)

Delilah1 12-01-2012 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 3697184)
I'm fighting a losing battle against it not being Xmas yet aren't I? LOL
Glad you had a good day Delilah :)

D

It is DEEcember, you better hurry up and get in the spirit!!!:Xmascb

Delilah1 12-01-2012 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fernaceman (Post 3697192)
Awesome. Great post! I, too, am going to do some Xmas decorating today at my parent's house. They haven't invited me for quite a number of years to decorate the tree. This could be because I probably wouldn't have gone, they didn't really want me around, or they asked me and I forgot about it. LOL, all irrelevant tho.

Happy Holidays, SR! :)

That is great that you are going this year!!! Maybe Dee will be out looking for a tree after looking at all the new avatars and posts!!!

Enjoy decorating with your family! What a great way to kick off the season. :Xmastc

Dee74 12-01-2012 03:08 PM

< ------------- I give in

:lmao

D

Thepatman 12-01-2012 03:25 PM

What a positive and refreshing post! You will have more fun with your children and no hangover tomorow morning.

Pondlady 12-01-2012 04:16 PM

Chuckled when I saw you caved Dee:)

An educator here too....hmmmmmmm?! Another chuckle when I read Inda's post:)

Putting our tree up tomorrow. Made x-mas cookies today!

lilgolden73 12-01-2012 06:07 PM

I hope you found the perfect tree my friend!

Hevyn 12-01-2012 06:09 PM

Very happy for you and your family, Delilah. :)

Delilah1 12-01-2012 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 3697283)
< ------------- I give in

:lmao

D

I knew we could get to you!!!! :Xmassa

Delilah1 12-01-2012 09:28 PM

It was a great day!! Sounds like the holiday spirit is alive and well on SR! DEEcember is officially off to a great start. :)