Notices

Help!!

Old 11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help!!

What kind of new things are you guys doing to replace drinking? The one thing I am really struggling with are new activities. I've always worked out, but still found time to drink. I don't have kids. I live in Ontario, Canada, so it's cold and flat. I'd love to live on the coast where I can boat, surf, and hike, but there is not much to do here especially in the winter. I am signing up to be a Big Sister, but that's all I've come up with so far.

We are sitting around at home all of Friday and Saturday night watching Dexter reruns so I don't drink. HELP!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Walk, ski, skate, snow shoe, hike, ski-doo, jog, build a snow man, visit winterlude, visite la fete Carnivale, go see a Junior A game, concerts, movies, shows, swimming, the gym, shopping, museums, etc....

Nothing to do?

Hardly.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Exercise, reading, time with my kids (I know that doesn't help you), how about some holiday baking, or an adult learning class (art, language..l)
Old 11-30-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Cooking! Seriously, dive into those cook books and spend a couple of hours crafting something amazingly delicious. You'll feel proud of what you've accomplished and you get a great meal! (BTW I live in rural Canada as well, so I hear ya).
Old 11-30-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ok, thanks guys, I did cook something tonight - mushrooms stuffed with crab and prosciutto A class sounds good... maybe I will look into that. Not sure where I can go swimming though - I live in Barrie. Too early for snow stuff yet - I do get out an cross country ski when the snow is good. So is everyone out here a non-drinker now, or are some of you trying to be moderate?
Old 12-01-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nostalgia View Post
Ok, thanks guys, I did cook something tonight - mushrooms stuffed with crab and prosciutto A class sounds good... maybe I will look into that. Not sure where I can go swimming though - I live in Barrie. Too early for snow stuff yet - I do get out an cross country ski when the snow is good. So is everyone out here a non-drinker now, or are some of you trying to be moderate?
I'm unable to moderate the consumption of alcohol.

So, 100% abstinence for the rest of my life.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Nostalgia!

I plan on occupying my time with things I didn't (or couldn't) do while I was drinking such as keeping my home clean, cooking and general life responsibilities. Since I live close to the beach, I collect a lot of shells and had started making shell ornaments. Well, I was making them up until about a week ago when I drank every minute of the day I was awake. As soon as I feel better (after the withdrawals), I'll be back to working on my shells.

You could take a peak around crafting sites and find something that interests you then head to the nearest crafting store for supplies. It's a great past time and very rewarding. Good luck to finding your new hobby!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Do you like to read...crafts...cook...so many things you can do inside...get some home gym equipment...treadmill or something..that might help...hang in there