Notices

If a drunk falls in the woods?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am sorry weasel. I just had a flash of memory. I should have left it in my head.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Gotta laugh to keep from cryin'. Be humorous as much as you can
Old 11-29-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think there's any need for apologies Rochele.

I'm disabled - I fall a lot.
I fell even more when drunk and I had some really scary moments.

I'm pretty sure noone had me in mind when they posted here tho lol - and I appreciate the surreal humour

D
Old 11-29-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Rochele...no big deal. Always speak up. I forget how many different people are here and how something can trigger something for someone.

I have a wicked sense of humor. Somewhat morbid. I love it!

Lets all stay upright shall we?
Old 11-29-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Funny, I can also have a twisted sense of humor. Someday I might tell you all about my can 'o cat. For now you can just wonder.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Seems like a lot of us have fallen down. It's the height of embarrassment. Thankfully, when it happened to me (yeah, not the first time), some neighbors helped me and didn't shame me. I screwed up yet another pair of glasses. All pining over a girlfriend from 25 years ago. I probably haven't crossed her mind in ages. Last I heard, she got married and that was a long time ago.

There's a classic song "Killing Floor" for a reason. Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting the name of the piece. Maybe it's referring to a slaughterhouse. Someone with more knowledge of the Blues can probably clarify this.

I saw the weirdest thing ever on YouTube. James Brown and Pavarotti singing "It's a Man's World" in tandem. Never heard the song before, but I like it. Odd couple indeed. Tears are streaming, but they're tears of joy.

I like crying out of joy or sadness. Being a sentimental fool, I start to get scared if I go a long stretch without being in touch with my emotions. I start to feel like a zombie. Of course, there's a risk of overdoing it when around other people, but I really enjoy it.

I started to show a film to a male friend and started crying. I said, "I just can't watch this film without crying."

My friend said, "I can't stand to see a grown man cry."

I asked him, "don't you ever cry?" and he said, "yeah, but only in the theater in the dark when no one can see me."

He's a huge film buff and pays full price to go to film festivals. He sez, "film is my sacrament and the cinema is my temple." I just download the stuff for free on the internet.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I appreciate both the humor and the serious reminder.

Rochelle, I learned yesterday that a mother whose children attended our school a few years ago, committed suicide on Saturday. She was only 44. leaving 6 children behind I looked her up on line and learned she had two OUI ( DUI's) one in May 2012 and one in Oct. 2012. She was such a lovely person and I'm just heartsick over this.......another sad reminder.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

What about the drunk that falls walking out of the liquor store?
Happened to me.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Now sober, I am trying to tackle mastering texting and walking. I still suck at it! Happy Friday folks - lets all staying upright and uninjurred this weekend!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You are NOT supposed to walk and text. Lol.... I have seen videos where people walk into poles and trip.

It burns me when I see people drive and text. Just drive people.

I am one of those people that when sober never ever falls. It's so rare I cannot even remember when I did. I am coordinated I guess. But drunk? I have taken some steep falls.

And I did not comment but lily rose that's a very funny joke from your father. That made me laugh!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I saw a guy coming out of a liquor store and he was hassling with the zipper on his rain jacket, which was stuck. He was off in his own world, cursing to himself. Much florid language, YouTube moment. 'Nuff said.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You're funny. Like this thread. Thanks for the laugh everyone.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Well, it was not the woods but I fell head first into a 4ft deep constrution hole on crutches with a full leg cast while trying to take a wizz. Believe it or not I did not hurt myself. I sort of came to, upside down, with my casted leg sticking straight up in the air, and had no idea what had just happened. It was hell trying to get turned around and out of the hole. Amazing that I am still alive with the number of times I could have killed myself
Old 11-30-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Lol... That's too funny. Glad you did not get hurt past your pride!

We're you drinking or just wobbly cuz of the leg?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Lol... That's too funny. Glad you did not get hurt past your pride!

We're you drinking or just wobbly cuz of the leg?
Drunker than snot, just closed the bars and nature called. Hobbled around the end of a building and fell into the hole. The way I remember it there was not baracades or anything but I have a feeling that was not the case
Old 11-30-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I make lots of noise....I get on my phone to access SR and bitch bitch bitch!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I fell into a construction hole. Can't remember if I was drinking or not. It was a long time ago. It was night, and an understandable mistake. It doesn't take booze to make you a dufus. For some of us it just comes naturally. Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin seem to have it down, and they're just sporadic drinkers.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by renaldo View Post
I fell into a construction hole. Can't remember if I was drinking or not. It was a long time ago. It was night, and an understandable mistake. It doesn't take booze to make you a dufus. For some of us it just comes naturally. Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin seem to have it down, and they're just sporadic drinkers.
Drunkenness is a frequent topic of both animated shows you speak of. Both characters are frequently in bars and frequently drink in excess. In fact, Homer's MMMMMM Beer would lead most to believe he had cravings.

I'm not trying to read too much into it, but drinking in excess is far too acceptable in our society.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Yeah. The funny drunk of today or the elegant sophisticated drunk of the 1940's are not representative of how it actually turns out. Same goes with the cigs. R.I.P. Gene Tierny.