Notices

new here!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That's great JunebugApril! I hope to stop having those cravings,,once it's 8pm and getting closer to bedtime it's easier,but it's the 4-5-6-7pm period that's the hardest for me as well...I have 2 young children that need to have teeth brushed,stories and washed up in that time, then once they're in bed it's...I need a glass of wine,,or,,,I deserve a glass of wine...that time frame kills me.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Beeliz, I thought I posted here yesterday. Oops. You are so similar to me!! The evening thing, and then once the kids are to bed. Chilling with a glass(or 3-4) of red wine.

Welcome!

I have 8 days today. Friday night. Let's stay strong.

Ro
Old 11-30-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Rochele..good for you on the 8 days! I can't wait to say 1 week,,then on,and on.. yes,friday is bad. saturday,even sunday , cause my husband's days off are sunday and monday..making my weekend,,thurs,fri,sat, sun and mon,,,eeek! That would be 5 days of weekend allowance drinks. any excuse right? Let's stay strong...together.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Got through friday night!! onto day three and the saturday craves...
Old 12-01-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Beeliz!

You found the right place and that's why I'm here again. Certainly wish I was on Day 3 but only Day 1 for me. I started drinking again a few months ago and thought I had it under control until I started drinking as soon as I got out of bed in the morning whether it was 2am or 6am.

Last night I finished all the alcohol in the house and have got to stick with it this time. I keep reminding myself today that my mind and body will be back on track in a few days and can face the world again.

We need control over our lives and not the alcohol controlling us.

Best wishes to all of us!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR x
Old 12-01-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Beeliz, not sure if you joined the Class of November, 2012 thread or not, but it's really turning into a great group of folks. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

It would be great to have you in the group.
June
Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hiya B!

You know what? I stopped at 39 years old. If I can, ANYBODY can! 2 years sober 2 weeks ago. Welcome to SR, this was the first place that I ever reached out for support, before AA, before family, before friends. Lots of good sobriety here.

Best Wishes,
Zube
Old 12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cat1961 View Post
Hi Beeliz!

You found the right place and that's why I'm here again. Certainly wish I was on Day 3 but only Day 1 for me. I started drinking again a few months ago and thought I had it under control until I started drinking as soon as I got out of bed in the morning whether it was 2am or 6am.

Last night I finished all the alcohol in the house and have got to stick with it this time. I keep reminding myself today that my mind and body will be back on track in a few days and can face the world again.

We need control over our lives and not the alcohol controlling us.

Best wishes to all of us!
I know it's hard,,we all have different levels of addictions,but still all addictions none the less..it's certainly not easy. I think this site is great for support and feeling not alone You can do it,,we all can!