Notices

Unhelpable?

Old 11-30-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Liz,
I've been trying to quit for over 10 years and am still trying. It seems to be a never ending process.
Do what ever you have to do to save yourself, even if it means rehab.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Liz
Rehab was for me. The thing it did for me was pull me out of my addiction in a safe environment. It also allowed me time to work on my issues and focus on me. I realized that pills weren't the problem they were a symptom of the problem. The actual problem was me. It also allowed me the chance to meet others who are just like me. I still talk with a lot of the people I attend rehab with. This site is also great. Just remember you are not alone and we as addicts and alcoholics do recover. Please go into rehab with willingness, openmindedness, and self-forgiveness. Good luck and god bless!! Your pal in recovery..Wes...
Old 11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Liz,

I understand exactly where you are coming from. I am struggling to quit. I've always been a heavy drinker but a full blown alcoholic for the past 4 years. I am trying to stay sober again because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about. I really wish you well and hope you stay strong
Old 11-30-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That is great that you are able to take your kids. Use the time to rediscover who you are and your priorities for up yourself and the kids when you get out. Good luck!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
...is awesome!

Got out of detox today....saw someone die there that fucd me up a bit. Came home today with the intention on getting a heap done as I'm going to rehab TOMORROW and have a rented house. Just have to pack a bag and poor mum has to clean up the life I've left behind once again. I'm sitting here with a beer, completely powerless. Desperately need something to give. Also my boyfriend just told me when we were on a break this year he got a chick pregnant drunk...she's due January and he wasn't going to tell me even though I'd find out anyway. Think all I can do is laugh.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Why are you sitting there with a beer? Throw it out, think of your kids. STOP. You can do it.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
...is awesome!

Their at mums. Maybe my mind will make a truce one day and I'll be at peace. The end.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish you the best in rehab Liz.

I waited decades for something to happen and the solution to be delivered to me - the truth was I needed to want to change, and I needed to be prepared to work for that change.

I hope maybe this time away will help you come to the same decision I did - I was more than the life I was allowing myself to lead.

take care of yourself
D