Notices

Broken

Old 11-27-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Broken

I should be used to this.But i'm not. I hate it. My son has been addicted since he was 15.We tried to get him help . So many times I thought it would get better after rehabs and him saying he didn't want to be like this or live this way. Now at 32 with a 14 year old son and a 2 year old daughter, he is still doing drugs. He just went into detox again 2 days ago after getting thrown out 3 days before that.He had been there 5 days before that.And for the 3 days he was out he used again. But his words and his actions are two different things. He looks horrible. He has done so much. He has done every drug you can think of. What kind of damage is there? I was reading some of the post and I can relate to so many of them. If only love was enough.I have told him over and over again if you only loved yourself half as much as I love you.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oh mywish...my heart goes out to you....I am a Mom and as Mom's we always want to protect our children and want the best for them. I hope he can turn his life around. I have no experience with your situation but just wanted to say hang in there and wish you all the best.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So Sorry, mywish.

I have a brother in law who has been addicted to crack for years. he is 47. He will be sober for a long time, and then disappear for a few days. He mostly controls things now, but lapses a couple of times a year. We all worry so much about him. he is a *great guy8! So fun, handsome, kind, energetic, etc... But he struggles with addictions. He can be a drinker too.

Hugs to you.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry too...from one mum to another.

Have you checked out the friends and family forums on here?

There are many, many, many wise people who are mums, dads, husbands and wives who all love someone who is addicted.
I am sure that these incredible members of our family will be able to understand how you feel and share experience, strength and hope.

I really do wish you, your son and your grandchildren well.

Xx
Old 11-27-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am sorry that you're going through this and sorry for your son and his family. I hope that he decides to live a sober life. Have you tried NarAnon as a support for yourself?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry you are going through this, but thank you for sharing.

Hope he discovers the underlying issue of his addiction, as until that is properly addressed, we go in circles. I know I did....
Old 11-27-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! Here's a link to the friends and family forum.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information