Notices

Need to love myself...

Old 11-27-2012, 12:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Need to love myself...

Stopping drinking for me is more than putting the drink down I need to learn to love myself not with possessions or any external factors, but look in the mirror at my eyes and say I love you and except you just how you are....

Abusing my body with alcohol is a form of self hate!!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree Lionhearted abusing is what we are doing. learning to love oneself is the right way to go but not an easy route either, but we can and must do it.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So true, no self respecting self loving person would drink, let alone be drunk over and over.
Where do you start to love yourself?
Look in the mirror...and tell yourself. That's One way.
Maybe also by being thankful each day for the goods that we create and the good that is offer to us.
Thanks lionhearted for bringing this up, important step to work on if we/I want to remain strong in sobriety.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi lion,, thats so true,, if you dont love yrself,, how are you supposed to love others? for you may not know what love is?(not my words )

on my nursing training,, we had a quiz,, whats most important to us as individuals,,

some said , partners, kids,, money ,, home,, family,, their pets,, freedom,, jobs,, some even said sex!!
yet no one,, said their own health, physical and emotional,,, and this was the thing we should all be wanting the most,, for ourseleves.

for we cannot hug our partners ,our kids, our family , our friends,, if we are ill, (you kinda get what i mean yeh?) we cannot keep our home nice if we are ill,, we cannot do our job, thus no money,, and sure as hell may not be up to a wee bit of bonky bonky,, eh ??

so,, the moral was,,, our own health is the thing you need to concentate on hunny,, right now,, and tommorow,, everything else will fit into place just nicely , thank you very much,,, you love yourself,, because you are worth it,, you are worth every breath you take on this veautiful earth,, and deserve to be here,,

read the desiderata,, google it,,, its a beautiful reading,, i have it printed and framed.. and i read when im low,, and i need to beleive that i am someone very very special,, just like you lion,, just like evryone,,,,
here if u need me my fluffy headed friend xxx lv cleo xxxx
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I derive strength from Fernaceman's avatar. Every day I see it and it's pointing at me saying, "You are awesome!"
Old 11-27-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

AA teaches us how to like the person we see in the mirror but giving us a design for living based on honesty, a higher power, and service to others
Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
Buddha