Administrator

good to hear from you arrrdubya - way to go

D
Old 12-04-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hey Paul,,good for you!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

so my check in...I'm on day 6 and tomorrow will be 1 week! I'm so happy,I have never got this far before trying to stop! I'm getting nervous about christmas,and all the social events and gatherings ect...that will be the big test.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Yeah, Paul, I get those thoughts. It does suck now, but it will get easier. You did great by not drinking and I hope you get the job offer!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Awesome beeliz! Almost a week!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Hey all my favorite people!

Just finally got home, changed out of my work clothes, cut up some chicken and put it in the oven. I had the news on in the background when I was getting ready for work this morning - which is rare 'cause I hate the news - but I heard the weather and they said "mostly sunny". Yeah... right. I didn't see the sun once today. It was cold, rainy (sometimes very hard) and dreary all day long. This makes for a longer day 'cause if there's no porch or over-hang we have to wrap the boxes in plastic. It looks like I'll be with my work partner and on this same route from here til the holidays. I'll be walking up a lot of very steep driveways and plan to have buns and thighs of steel for the New Year. I noticed I always get in the truck with my left foot though. I'm slightly concerned my left thigh and buttock will be more steel-like than the right.

I've accepted the fact that this tiny jacket is most likely going to be what I'm stuck with for the month. It is what it is. Like I said previously, the sleeves barely make it halfway down my forearms. On my left arm I have a full tattoo sleeve and many visible tattoos on my right. I have noticed a few recipients give me a look like I should be in a prison jumpsuit instead of delivering them packages. I'm so nice and personable and always deliver with a smile but dammit I've got tattoos! I must be a bad guy...

My co-worker's topic of choice today was how he was charged a late fee on his cell phone bill even though he paid it on time. On about hour three of this rant I started playing "Friends" repeats in my head. Then I heard him say, "It's good we'll be working together since we have so much in common!" I'm guessing my auto-pilot agreed to having a lot of the same likes and interests as he does. Also, he has me do a lot of the "heavy lifting" which I enjoy. More exercise for me. One delivery we had 7 small to medium boxes. I took four and he said, "Three more!" I said, "You want me to take 'em all at once?" He said, "You're a big guy!" I said, "Yeah... but I'm not a juggler." What does he want from me!?

Oh! I also found $20 on my route today! Being in sobriety I'm trying to be a better over all person so my first... okay, third thought was to find if anyone was around. There was nobody in the area and no houses within a 1/4th of a mile. Mine! Three weeks ago this would have bought five pints of the finest vodka (Ruble at $3.99 a pint) and then I would have had a nickel to spend on a night out. I think now I'll put it towards groceries or gas.

Okay, I rambled on waaaaaay longer than I expected to. My apologies!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I'm at the big giant Tuesday meeting. It's about to start. everyone seems to know each other so I feel a bit out of place. Lots of socializing going on. I want to crawl in a hole.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Okay... I was trying to download a few pics from my trip... I got it to work but the pics are HUGE on the screen and I don't know how to shrink them. You would THINK that with all the years I worked in IT I would know how to do this... {deep sigh}

Last edited by Sisterella; 12-04-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Picture didn't download or downloaded too big...
Old 12-04-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

JJ, you are so funny. I needed a laugh tonight and sure enough, you delivered!

AnotherPaul, I understand how you feel about wanting to be a normal drinker, but great job on the interview and fighting the cravings. Hope you get the job.

I't's been one of those days. I've got nothing witty or clever to say tonight just that despite a rough day at work and issues at home, I don't want to drink. Tomorrow is another day. Peace out.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

June, I didn't see your post before I posted. Hope the meeting gets better.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Paul ... I COMPLETELY understand! Hang in there!

J ... You crack me up! Maybe you and your work partner can trade off driving so both legs get an equal work out?

June ... Good luck at the meeting tonight... Hope it gets better!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JJay View Post
Hey all my favorite people!

Just finally got home, changed out of my work clothes, cut up some chicken and put it in the oven. I had the news on in the background when I was getting ready for work this morning - which is rare 'cause I hate the news - but I heard the weather and they said "mostly sunny". Yeah... right. I didn't see the sun once today. It was cold, rainy (sometimes very hard) and dreary all day long. This makes for a longer day 'cause if there's no porch or over-hang we have to wrap the boxes in plastic. It looks like I'll be with my work partner and on this same route from here til the holidays. I'll be walking up a lot of very steep driveways and plan to have buns and thighs of steel for the New Year. I noticed I always get in the truck with my left foot though. I'm slightly concerned my left thigh and buttock will be more steel-like than the right.

I've accepted the fact that this tiny jacket is most likely going to be what I'm stuck with for the month. It is what it is. Like I said previously, the sleeves barely make it halfway down my forearms. On my left arm I have a full tattoo sleeve and many visible tattoos on my right. I have noticed a few recipients give me a look like I should be in a prison jumpsuit instead of delivering them packages. I'm so nice and personable and always deliver with a smile but dammit I've got tattoos! I must be a bad guy...

My co-worker's topic of choice today was how he was charged a late fee on his cell phone bill even though he paid it on time. On about hour three of this rant I started playing "Friends" repeats in my head. Then I heard him say, "It's good we'll be working together since we have so much in common!" I'm guessing my auto-pilot agreed to having a lot of the same likes and interests as he does. Also, he has me do a lot of the "heavy lifting" which I enjoy. More exercise for me. One delivery we had 7 small to medium boxes. I took four and he said, "Three more!" I said, "You want me to take 'em all at once?" He said, "You're a big guy!" I said, "Yeah... but I'm not a juggler." What does he want from me!?

Oh! I also found $20 on my route today! Being in sobriety I'm trying to be a better over all person so my first... okay, third thought was to find if anyone was around. There was nobody in the area and no houses within a 1/4th of a mile. Mine! Three weeks ago this would have bought five pints of the finest vodka (Ruble at $3.99 a pint) and then I would have had a nickel to spend on a night out. I think now I'll put it towards groceries or gas.

Okay, I rambled on waaaaaay longer than I expected to. My apologies!
LOL!~~ That's awesome,,and ranting is great for replacing our cravings,,I'm happy for you!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Great job, Paul! I understand completely. We can do this!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

For people on Facebook who aren't too concerned about your Facebook friends knowing you're trying to be sober there are quite a few cool "pages" and "groups" about sobriety on there.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread guys.
Join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html