Notices

Did I take on too much? Argh.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Step 1: you need an xbox or a wii
Step 2: you need one of those crazy workout or dance games
Step 3: play the crap out of it

You will go to sleep at night feeling stronger, healthier, exhausted and thinking about something else at least for a bit. Those games are hard! haha
Old 11-25-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lilgolden73 View Post
Your right, you need to get out and do something for sure or find some other way to keep busy, I don't do well with cabin fever at all..so I completely understand. Good luck, keep coming back here!
I've been GLUED to SR all day, lol...it's keeping me sane right now!

Originally Posted by Scott6433 View Post
Step 1: you need an xbox or a wii
Step 2: you need one of those crazy workout or dance games
Step 3: play the crap out of it

You will go to sleep at night feeling stronger, healthier, exhausted and thinking about something else at least for a bit. Those games are hard! haha
Okay, I know I'm aging myself here...I did have a Commodore 64 when I was a teenager and loved Spy Hunter...then I had a Sega in the 90's and totally couldn't manage the controls, I gave up on The Lion King game...couldn't get Simba up the waterfalls...lame!..I thought about a Wii actually with those dance games, I used to do aerobics a lot!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Pace yourself. A nice, relaxing walk is not a bad idea. Just don't try to take on too much right away or you'll overwhelm yourself. After my breeakup at the end of October, I think I spent the first 3 weeks just vegging in front of the tube in the evenings. It has always been my tendency to bombard myself with all the things I've neglected while I was drinking. You won't be able to tackle it all, so don't pressure yourself too much. Baby steps.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GetMeOut View Post
Pace yourself. A nice, relaxing walk is not a bad idea. Just don't try to take on too much right away or you'll overwhelm yourself. After my breeakup at the end of October, I think I spent the first 3 weeks just vegging in front of the tube in the evenings. It has always been my tendency to bombard myself with all the things I've neglected while I was drinking. You won't be able to tackle it all, so don't pressure yourself too much. Baby steps.
Thanks, trying to take those baby steps...the days are so long. I'm on disability too, have been for 9 years now, it's hard to fill the days to be honest.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Three days is great Rose - but it's...three days.

If you drank like I did for the length of time I did, your body and mind will need a little time to recuperate

Try and be patient
D
Old 11-25-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Three days is great Rose - but it's...three days.

If you drank like I did for the length of time I did, your body and mind will need a little time to recuperate

Try and be patient
D
Patience....what does that mean?

I realize my emotions are totally getting the better of me, so I'm glad I can talk with people here to sort things out!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Found a link for you to play spy hunter online put my post count needs to be higher for me to send.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I also quit my gym, Rose. I stay home being Mom but my kids are getting older and i do think getting out and seeing people is good. But i also understand your situation.can you find something on TV like yoga or pilates? Something to move a little and peek you up

I think i struggle with seasonal depression. I am missing walking that i did in better weather. And my drinking seemed to escalate.

Just get through today. It is only 3 days.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scott6433 View Post
Found a link for you to play spy hunter online put my post count needs to be higher for me to send.
I'll have to google it. That could do well to pass some of this time!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
I also quit my gym, Rose. I stay home being Mom but my kids are getting older and i do think getting out and seeing people is good. But i also understand your situation.can you find something on TV like yoga or pilates? Something to move a little and peek you up

I think i struggle with seasonal depression. I am missing walking that i did in better weather. And my drinking seemed to escalate.

Just get through today. It is only 3 days.
Thanks. I don't have cable actually. I have Netflix but have pretty much gone through everything interesting. At this point I'm watching rerun after rerun of Family Guy. But I found a good yoga site online, it's my motivation that lacks these days unfortunately. I can listen to the Grey Cup online tonight, so that'll be good.

I'm not sure what people mean by it's "only" 3 days, I mean, it's hard at 3 days like it would be at 10 days or 20 days...
Old 11-25-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

The yoga site sounds great! I need to try that!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lilgolden73 View Post
The yoga site sounds great! I need to try that!
I'm sure I can't post commercial sites here, but in You Tube, her name is Esther Ekhart. She has hundreds of workouts...some are 10 minutes long, others are up to 45 minutes long. She's awesome. I found one recently that she did for migraines and it really works well.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

What people might mean by saying it is only day 3 is that many of us were beset by lots of different feelings and emotions, trying to get our wits about us after beginning the detox period. So it is not to minimize your issues, but to say that it is normal for those first days, week or two to be pretty intense with a flood of thoughts, physical withdrawal, new eating regime, etc. just trying to find your peace, a place your mind can go to, while you get through this time is something to work on.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by Rose2012 View Post
I'm not sure what people mean by it's "only" 3 days, I mean, it's hard at 3 days like it would be at 10 days or 20 days...
I don't think they're implying that 3 days is a cakewalk. I believe what they're trying to say is that it's early in your quit and you shouldn't stress over things. Don't overwhelm yourself, as I was saying. Be patient and focus on one thing at a time.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yes, the days get different, I will not say easier. But day 3 can still be filled with fatigue, irritablility, emotional lability of withdrawal. That sort of thing. Some of us feel gradually more energetic over the next couple of weeks, and hopeful. You may also be dealing with very real depression.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Auvers View Post
What people might mean by saying it is only day 3 is that many of us were beset by lots of different feelings and emotions, trying to get our wits about us after beginning the detox period. So it is not to minimize your issues, but to say that it is normal for those first days, week or two to be pretty intense with a flood of thoughts, physical withdrawal, new eating regime, etc. just trying to find your peace, a place your mind can go to, while you get through this time is something to work on.
Thanks you Auvers. It did come off as dismissive when I first read it, so I appreciate you taking the time to explain it
Old 11-25-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Yes, the days get different, I will not say easier. But day 3 can still be filled with fatigue, irritablility, emotional lability of withdrawal. That sort of thing. Some of us feel gradually more energetic over the next couple of weeks, and hopeful. You may also be dealing with very real depression.
I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety and PTSD in 2003, so yes, it's very real for me, along with giving up the wine, being dumped by the ex, the isolation and starting this new pill...it's more than I can bear at the moment. This place is a good outlet. But it all seems to be hitting me at once today. Very difficult to deal with and I still don't know how despite advice given.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks so much I will remember that!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Rose. I felt about the same as you describe on Day 3. Our feelings are raw, emotions all over the place. Everything will get better and easier. My anxiety was through the roof. I was expecting to feel much better than I did, and it was frustrating. I wanted years of abuse to be put behind me - and I wanted it now.

Everything will settle down and fall into place. Be proud of yourself for the wonderful accomplishment of 3 days. Every hour seems like a triumph in those early days - and it is! You're doing great.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hi Rose. I felt about the same as you describe on Day 3. Our feelings are raw, emotions all over the place. Everything will get better and easier. My anxiety was through the roof. I was expecting to feel much better than I did, and it was frustrating. I wanted years of abuse to be put behind me - and I wanted it now.

Everything will settle down and fall into place. Be proud of yourself for the wonderful accomplishment of 3 days. Every hour seems like a triumph in those early days - and it is! You're doing great.
Awwww...thank you! That really lifted my spirits!!!