Notices

The best buzz/high

Old 11-25-2012, 04:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The best buzz/high

A bunch of friends came over and we went out to a club. I just wanted to shoot some pool, I drank water all night. The temptations and cravings were outrageous at times. A week sober this was a big challenge. I found tonight staying sober was a great high/buzz by itself. In reality no amount of booze/drugs could make me feel as solid as I am now.

I know this is just the beginning and I have a long tough path ahead but it's important to celebrate the little victories. And finally I won't be hungover or coming down when I go visit my family for our sunday dinner.

Thanks for reading and good luck too you all!
Cheers,
D
Old 11-25-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Awesome!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you handled it well.

However, you should not put yourself into these situations if you are serious about your sobriety...
Old 11-25-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you had a life threatening allergy to peanuts, would you tour a peanut factory?

Putting yourself into situations such as you were in last night, where by your own admission, you were struggling...is playing with fire imo.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a great sense of satisfaction in getting through anything sober in the early weeks/months of my recovery. I wish I hadn't done some social things I was pressured into doing but I kind of think that you have to do stuff sober eventually. It's an individual choice when you attempt it. Sounds like you did well x
Old 11-25-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I got sober, and went on tour with a rock band. It can be done.
It's all about putting that one drink in your mouth.

There's an old saying, if you hang around a barbershop long enough, you're bound to get a haircut.

I don't know. I am powerless over alcohol after the first one, but before that, it's all up to me.

Glad to hear of your success.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thats true I thought about it today, if I did relapse I would feel like a f*king idiot. I do not enjoy clubs at all sober or drunk so that probably won't be a recurring event. Just was good too know I am not completely powerless. Thanks all, good luck with your recoveries.
Drew
Old 11-25-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I, too, was in positions where I was so very grateful I wasn't the one drunk or high. However, I realized I really didn't like it so much. Today, I'm happy to spend time with others who are "normal" (wow! Didn't think I would ever fit in to that group!) and absolutely love it!

I think we re-define who we want to spend time with, in recovery, and it's a learning process and it's okay.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-25-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think you did a super job. Powerless I disagree. You decided, not to give in. That takes guts. I agree with the others, don't tempt yourself if it's hard.