Notices

Music? Music!

Old 11-24-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Music? Music!

I moved almost two years ago, and never hooked up my stereo.
I used to absolutely love all kinds of music.
I got to the point I would sit and drink and listen to talk radio or nothing at all.

Finally took the stereo out of the attic, hooked up an iPod that I ripped 1500 CDs to, but never used. Yes. 1500.

Oh my god! Music! It's like a light in my life that was shut off for years!

I'm sitting here, with my dog, drinking good coffee, listening to albums I'd long forgotten. I feel so incredible.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love listening to music too - all my SR posts have a constant soundtrack
have a good day DB - rock on

D
Old 11-24-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you. I listen to music on my computer and have a little speaker attached so I can rock it. I used to have about 500 old LPs but a girl friend split town with them. Enjoy
Old 11-24-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes! I stopped listening to music too when I was drinking. And, getting back to was one of the greatest gifts of recovery for me.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have been listening to Led Zeppilin I am an old guy
Old 11-24-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was just thinking about getting some of my old albums again, Led Zeppelin was one of them. I used to have all their albums on cassette (I really hate that format). I forgot what a great album Animals by Pink Floyd is. Listening to Bauhaus from the 80s now.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

On you tube there is an entire concert Live At Albert Hall 1970. Like an an hour 45 minutes. Awesome
Old 11-24-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I stopped listening to music when I started to drink heavily...it was all about watching sitcoms or talk shows while I drank. I started listening to music again a few months back, but interesting...stopped those last 3 weeks when I relapsed. Actually can't listen to too much lately, because I'm also mending a broken heart, but I did put on the Disney Fantasia soundtrack today while I was cleaning the house, it was fun again
Old 11-24-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel View Post
I forgot what a great album Animals by Pink Floyd is.
Now you're speaking my language! It's a kinda gloomy album, but what from Pink Floyd isn't? I still love that album, though.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I listen to a lot of Texas alternative also like Jimmy Dale Gilroy and the late great Townes Zan Zant
Old 11-24-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

"Music is what feelings sound like"

Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dang now I have to get back on UTube
Old 11-24-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

You guys inspire me, I'm gonna hook up the stereo tomorrow. I've been listening mostly to the "Yell Fire" CD in my car, or the Dead in my partner's car, but nothing really in the house!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

A real stereo with speakers is so nice. All this computer stuff doesn't compare to the old school setup.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by stairs View Post
You guys inspire me, I'm gonna hook up the stereo tomorrow. I've been listening mostly to the "Yell Fire" CD in my car, or the Dead in my partner's car, but nothing really in the house!
Goodonya....!!! Like DoubleBarrel said....: "A real stereo with speakers is so nice. All this computer stuff doesn't compare to the old school setup."

Every time I've moved.....#1-all my stereo stuff (incl cd's, etc.) go in the car with me---movers can break my bed (I kin live wid dat), but they better keep their hands off 'n my music...! lolol ---- and #2-the first thing I set up is my video/audio (used to be just my audio first, but I've progressed to better 'n better .....stuff---probly not as good some of you younguns' stuff, but I'm on the older side of 60/65 and I totally drive my oldster neighbors nuts with my 'loud' sounds......hehehe

I'll keep positive thoughts for you throughout.....I know hookin up all that stuff can drive a person to................NOT drink......

(o:
NoelleR
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am addicted to music and to the internet in general. I spend enormous amounts of time downloading music and films for free. It's way beyond the point that I could possibly listen to/watch it all.

Last time I investigated an internet addiction group, all the meetings were online.

Yet, I do know how to interact with people face to face. Gaming has never been of the slightest interest to me, nor Facebook or any of the social networking avenues.

When I read the nasty comments that people post to one another about YouTube videos, I figure I'll just leave that to people living in their parents' basement, take what I like, and disregard the rest.

There's more mind-numbing stuff out there that I can download for free than I could possibly absorb in one lifetime.