Notices

back from

Old 11-24-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back from

I'm back from the dead, litterally! I overdosed on one of my meds which put me into cardiac arrest. They got me back though, now I really have to care about whether or not to die, they may have brought me back from ther dead but I have a ruined heart which they are still trying to figure out, my eyes are horrible and can't eat with my bowels not workingbut I'm alive, oh p.s. Hospitals suck
Old 11-24-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Wow, glad you're okay. I had a medical scare a few years ago (not drug related) and landed in the ER. It wasn't the wakeup call that it should've been and I didn't make the changes I should've made and I landed back in the hospital a year later. Don't make the same mistake I did.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DAB

You are alive for a reason, you are important and part of a greater plan.
Help others to learn from your experience.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi amanda,, im so pleased you are here!! i had an experience with a&e in uk,, i was so wasted and took an od, my hubby called the ambulance and my darling girls wittnessed it all,, i cant remeber anything from that time,, but i had bruises and cuts all over me when he picked me up the nxt day, apparently theyd left me on a trolley and id fallen out,, cut my head up and was left on the floor all night. my hubby was distraught,, my girls were aged 6 and 8 at the time,, oh god and i know they must remeber it.
im just so glad that we are both here, and many others like us,, to tell our story,, hunny i feel for u,, pm me if you need too.. all my hugs and lv
x cleo xxxxxxx
Old 11-24-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

welcome to SR amanda, glad you made it. Yes its scary coming to in hospital. Glad I dont have to do that anymore
Old 11-24-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hold onto the belief that you survived for a reason. You have things to do in this life. I'm really glad you're okay.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it amandah - are you seeing a therapist or anything right now?

D
Old 11-24-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're okay Amandah! I had a scare back in 2003, it wasn't alcohol/drug-related, but it was an addiction I had that got out of hand. It was my wakeup call for that particular addiction. Good luck!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

That is intense. I am glad you are ok for the time being. You have literally been given a second chance. Might want to take some time to reflect on these events...I know you have been going through a lot. Was thinking about you the other day.

Will keep you in my prayers. God Bless.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am glad you are okay, and I hope you are getting the support physically, and mentally to get you through this.

Sending hugs and prayers.