Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

“We're all lonely for something we don't know we're lonely for”

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking with my family today. And other than I had no one and and a frozen turkey dinner I realized I was still lpnely for booze. It comes and goes but hits at the holidaze so crazy. I'll keep humping it
Old 11-23-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Fitz, I feel ya. I'm lonely but I know what I'm lonely for. This is my first holiday season without my (alcoholic) husband and it feels weird. I feel disjointed and lost. I won't drink over it but I don't like the way I'm feeling. I guess it's going to be an adjustment period but I don't like it. I am just writing this holiday season off to "personal issues" and hopefully next year will be better. Love ya, fella. Hang in there.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know Fitz... Is that like saying you'll be less lonely if you drink. In my experience it always seemed to make it worse. Drinking isolated me. And now I have to try and reverse the effects of that. I'll be spending my first Xmas sober alone, but that's okay. I'm kinda looking forward to not just stumbling around the house drunk x
Old 11-24-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

God is the only person, place or think that will truly fill that void. Everything else we will USE and destroy trying to fill that void.