Notices

When does the physical exhaustion go away?

Old 11-23-2012, 02:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When does the physical exhaustion go away?

Hi everyone! I'm at about 50 days sober and I still feel physically and emotionally exhausted even though I generally get a lot of sleep. Is the 90 day mark really when things start to change for the better in this regard? I obviously feel exponentially better than I did while I was drinking but these are different feelings, it feels like my body is still healing.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We didn't get ourselves into this condition overnight so the healing takes time. Awesome job on those 50 days - onward and upward!!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 50 days rubbersoul - have you had a medical check up at all?
Not saying it's necessary but it may set your mind at ease

D
Old 11-23-2012, 03:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Congratulations on your 50 days rubbersoul. I got 6 months a few weeks ago and still felt exhausted all the time. I changed my diet, started taking vitamins. Started feeling better slowly.

Natom.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Ditto to what nonblonde said. We become alcoholics one day at a time, so the recovery happens one day at a time, too. Not to say our mental resolve to stay abstinent can't happen more quickly, but physically getting back in balance will take some time. I'm at 12 days this go 'round, but I've quit for longer so many times. Each and every time, I go through what you and others have described. I'm sleeping much better but still feel like my head is stuffed with cotton and in a fog, and I'm trudging through loose sand all day.

Be patient with it and don't let the Beast try to tell you that if this is all you had to look forward to you might as well drink again. That's what mine told me repeatedly. As is stated in "The New Cure," quitting drinking won't solve all your problems, but it will solve that one.

Way to go on 50 days! Keep it up!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Remember that you've been pumping a lot of sugar into your system which gave you a sort of false energy, and gave your body a poor expectation of nutrition. Would it feasible to begin some sort of light exercise in the morning?